It's Okay Not to be Okay

Chapter 24• It's Okay Not to be Okay

(Short Timeskip- a month and half after the ER visit)

The days are starting to feel shorter and the air outside was becoming colder. Everything outside was turning brown and drab.

Fall has begun and the group has been taking things easy. For the most part.

No one knows about Marinette's ER visit except for those who were there. The group plans on keeping it that way.

Unless Marinette herself decides that she wants to share.

Before Marinette could be discharged that night, the doctor suggested that she visit a psychiatrist and seek finding a counselor.

Marinette was hesitant to listen. She felt that if she did do so, it was like she was being told that she needed help.

Like it was something to be ashamed of.
Like it was a weakness to not be okay.

Alya tries to convince her to try it out here and there, but for the most part, she tends to stir away from bringing up the whole scenario.

Marinette hasn't had tragic mental health issues in the past.

She definitely has some PTSD but she's never considered herself to be depressed.

The fact that she attempted suicide that night still blows her mind. It was so unexpected.

Almost helpless.
Like she couldn't control herself no matter who could've been there.

Third Person POV: (Tom and Sabine's House)

Marinette sat in her parents living room staring into the open fire that was lit in front of the lounge area.

She studied the flames, burning deep red and amber. Almost livid purple. The popping sounds were on a rhythm and the shadows from the flames danced on the rug.

Marinette felt relaxed in this very moment. Sitting in her parents home under a soft blanket on their feathered down couch.

Her face was still but her mind was filled with raving thoughts.

When Marinette was discharged from the ER she went back home with Adrien to crash for the night.

The very next day, Tom and Sabine called Adrien and asked him about Marinette and if she was alright.

When Luka had called them that night, they were out of town visiting Tom's side of the family. They had to drive back almost immediately.

Marinette decided that she wanted to stay with her parents for a little while afterwards.

She hasn't been back to her own place since then.

"Marinette.. are you hungry at all sweetie?" Sabine asked, coming around the corner from the hallway.

Marinette slowly turned her head and watched her mom walk into the kitchen.

"Not right now, Mom. Maybe later tonight..." she responded, turning her attention back to the fireplace.

Sabine frowned at her daughter and walked over to the couches.

She took a seat on the couch that sat across from Marinette and looked into the fire as well.

The room was quiet for a short moment. The only sounds that could be heard was the soft popping and crackling of the fire.