Expect the Unexpected

Chapter 4 'Expect the Unexpected' Gabriel Agreste Filler

Third Person POV: (Gabriel's Mansion)

"Nathalie, could you please call Adrien's cell phone and let him know that I would like to talk?" Gabriel mumbled, staring through his large, glass bedroom window.

"Of course." Nathalie replied.

The phone started to dial.

Third Person POV: (Adrien's Apartment)

Adrien was in his bathroom changing out of an outfit that he wore for a shoot when his phone began to ring

Adrien was in his bathroom changing out of an outfit that he wore for a shoot when his phone began to ring. He flipped it over to see who was calling him. His eyes widened with surprise.

"Father?" He uttered to himself

Adrien hesitated before answering but he accepted the incoming call.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi Adrien, it's Nathalie. How are you doing?"

"Oh, hi Nathalie. I'm well, thank you for asking. Why are you calling me through my Father's number?" He asked.

"Your father wanted me to call you and ask if you'd be willing to talk for a second?"

Adrien paused. He wondered what his father wanted to talk to him about. Gabriel hasn't spoken to Adrien since he's moved out of the mansion.

"Sure, I have a few minutes to talk." Adrien answered.

"Great, I'll put him on now." Nathalie finished, handing the phone over to Gabriel.

"Hello, Adrien. It's your father. How are you?" He started, still staring out of his window.

"Hi Father. I've been okay. Did you need to talk to me about something? You rarely reach out unless it's work related." Adrien stated, feeling a little hurt.

"Yes, that's my bad Adrien. I'll try to do better about reaching out."

"But, I just wanted to let you know that I have some big news."

Adrien didn't respond, waiting to hear what his father had to say.

"Nathalie and I will be getting married next month, and you're invited to the wedding." Gabriel announced, pausing to hear Adrien's reaction.

Adrien's eyes widened and his body became tense.

"Wow father..."

He slightly frowned.

"Congratulations to you both.. I'll happily attend to the wedding." He responded, taking a deep breath out.

"Great. I'm happy to know that you'll be there."

"Also, I've heard and seen through social media that you and Marinette Dupain-Cheng are in a relationship. I'm very happy for you Adrien." Gabriel stated.

Adrien's frown slightly turned into a smile.

"Thank you father. I really appreciate you saying that." He replied with a grin.

"I'd love for her to accompany you to the wedding. I've heard great things about the young lady, and I'd like to get to know her better." Gabriel followed.

"Of course father. She'd really appreciate that! I'd love for you guys to talk, I think you'd really like Marinette." Adrien responded.

"Okay, then it's settled. I'll see you two for the wedding next month. Nathalie will send you the information and the formal invitation through email. Take care, and goodnight, son." Gabriel finished before ending the call.

Adrien took a deep breath in and set his phone down on the counter. He was taken by surprise with the news. He didn't expect his father to remarry to Nathalie. He didn't expect his father to remarry at all. He wasn't sure on how to feel about the situation just yet.

He continued to get undressed so he could get ready to pick up Marinette.

(Gabriel's Mansion)

Gabriel set the phone down on the table and walked towards Nathalie. She followed him with her eyes as he got closer and closer.

"Do you think Adrien is upset that we're getting married?" Nathalie asked in a soft tone.

"No. I don't think he minds. I would imagine that he's accepted the fact that his mother is gone, and no longer in the picture."

"All I know is that I've come to the conclusion that I've fallen in love again, and no one, not even Adrien, can convince me otherwise." Gabriel stated, staring down at Nathalie.

She smiled at him and they embraced each other with a kiss.

"I take comfort in knowing that I will get to call you my husband very soon, Gabriel." Nathalie whispered.

"As do I. God has shown me that there is still hope for me, and that hope is you, Nathalie." He responded pulling her closer.

The two stood in the middle of the large bedroom, embracing each other with a tight hug.

Gabriel knew that this was the right decision. He had finally learned that to be happy, he needed to move on. Emilie could not wake up without bending reality. Gabriel had given up trying to fight for Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous. For many years, he tried time after time. It was always the same outcome. He could not win the battle, and he's accepted his fate. If marrying Nathalie means that he can move on and feel happy again, then that's what he'd settle for. He loved Emilie very dearly, but he knew that it would be almost impossible trying to get her back. It was time to move on.

Quick filler chapter to let you know the status on Gabriel/ Hawkmoth👀

Sorry for being a day late to publishing. My cousin's graduation was yesterday, and I had totally forgotten.

Thanks for understanding besties :)