The Truth Behind the Mask

Chapter 2 'The Truth Behind the Mask'

Third Person POV: Marinette and Alya's Place

Marinette's heart was racing laps. She knew that Adrien knew..

Now here's the thing. Marinette slowly started putting the pieces together in Hawaii. Adrien's whole demeanor reminded her of Chat Noir and she couldn't get over how similar they acted. What really stood out to her was the fact that Adrien would call her 'Princess' here and there. That was something only Chat Noir called her.

Marinette even hinted to Adrien that she "knew" who he really was when she finally confessed her love for him. When he didn't really react to the hint, she was thrown off. Now she's just confused and in need of some clarification. She needed to talk to Alya.

Marinette made her way to the living room where everyone was socializing. Alya was sitting next to Nino on the couch.

"Hey Nino, could I borrow Alya real quick?" Marinette asked with an awkward smile.

"Sure, I was just about to pour some shots for the guys anyways." He responded getting up from the couch.

Alya looked to Marinette and noticed that she was nervous.

"Girl, what's the matter with you?" She asked looking her up and down.

"Let's talk in my room real quick.." Marinette murmured pulling Alya's arm.

The girls pushed down the hallway into Marinette's dim bedroom. Alya turned on the fairy lights so that they could see each other better.

"What's up, Mari?" Alya questioned curiously.

Marinette took a deep breath and sat on the bed.

"Okay.. so I think I know who Chat Noir is.." She mumbled looking at her knees.

Alya crept over and sat down next to her.

"Um... what?" She replied with her eyebrows raised.

"And, I think he knows who I am.." Marinette blurted making eye contact with Alya.

Alya paused to think. This was a lot for her to process.

"Okay, okay, okay... hold the fuck on..? Where is this all coming from?" She responded, looking confused.

"You know the necklace that I wear underneath my shirt everyday?" Marinette continued.

"Mhm.." Alya mumbled.

"Well... it kind of slipped out and Adrien saw it. He asked me where I got it.." She concluded with a worried frown.

Alya sat there with a lost expression on her face.

"Okay? Adrien probably thought it was a nice necklace and was curious as to where you got it from.." She replied nervously.

Mari let out a loud groan and placed her hands over her face.

"OR... He's fucking Chat Noir!" Marinette yelped. "I'm telling you Alya.. The face that he made when he was looking at it was not him generally being curious.."

Alya let out a loud sigh and stood up from the bed.

"Girl.. that's a bit of a stretch.. are you like sure, sure?" Alya asked.

"I'm not sure, sure.. but I'm pretty fucking convinced." Marinette answered holding the necklace in her hand.

"Well you need to be 100% sure about this because you KNOW you two can't know each other's identities.." Alya reminded with a stern tone.