Bipolar

Chapter 16• 'Bipolar'

Third Person POV: (The Sorbonne Courtyard, After School)

Marinette, Alya, Adrien, and Nino were all huddled together, talking about scheduling and after school plans. Marinette's attention began to wander off mid conversation.

"You guys saw Chloe's story right? She's having a party tonight at 'Le Grand Paris'. Free booze, free weed, hella food.. I don't know about yall, but I'm on that tonight." Alya laughed, looking over at Mari.

She noticed that Marinette wasn't 100 percent with them. Her focus drifted across the pad. Alya looked in the direction that her best friend was focused on. She noticed Luka and Zoe holding each other in a brief hug. She looked at Marinette, then back at them.

"Mari..." Alya peeped, tapping Marinette's shoulder.

Marinette's focus stayed on them for a second longer. When they let go of each other, Zoe turned around and made eye contact with Marinette.

"Marinette! ..." Alya yelped once more.

Mari's eyes widened and her face snapped around to see her best friend. Alya was giving her THAT look.

"Yeah. Sorry. I'm just day dreaming. What were we talking about again?"

"Girl..." Alya scoffed.

Marinette's face hung low and her energy seemed down. To anyone in a third party she'd look tired from her first day back, but Alya knew something was up.

"Anyways.. we'll see you guys at Chloe's tonight, right?"

"Yup. Do you want us to pick you guys up or are you good to drive yourselves?" Nino asked.

"We can drive ourselves, don't worry about it. See you both at 6." Alya finished walking towards the parking lot to get the car.

"Bet, I'm headed back home to get ready Adrien, you coming with?" Nino asked.

"I'll meet you in the car, brother. I gotta talk to Mari real quick." Adrien responded, looking down on his girl friend.

Nino shook Adrien up and started towards the parking lot, leaving them alone.

"You good Mari? You seem upset." Adrien sighed with a concerned expression.

Marinette took a brief breath in and let out a fake energetic sigh.

"Yeah! I'm fine. Just a little tired from today, that's all."

Adrien stared at her feeling unconvinced. She could feel his eyes piercing through her like swords. She wasn't fooling him. He knew her too well.

"Mhm.. think you'll be up for tonight then?" Adrien mentioned, his tone getting lower.

"What's tonight?" Mari asked, her attention becoming more focused.

Adrien rolled his eyes.

"Chloe's party? We were just talking about it with Nino and Alya.." He sighed. "It was obvious that your attention was somewhere else.."

She let his words play back in her head before she responded.

"Or should I say someone els-"

"RIGHT! Duh. Chloe's party! Of course I'm coming. I was tired from school but you can't ask me to sit out on free booze.." Marinette yelped, cutting him off.

"Right Mari..." He sighed. "I'll see you there.." Adrien finished, walking away towards the parking lot.

She took notice in his facial expression and body language. He was upset now, and it was with her. This was new.