White Lies

Chapter 22• 'White Lies'

Third Person POV: (Adrien and Nino's Penthouse Apartment)

Adrien lied in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. The whole scenario with Marinette kept playing over and over again in his head.

The moment he looked down and noticed how hard he was grabbing her wrist was on a loop. He could still hear himself yelling at her in the middle of the lobby.

He was so upset with himself but he was also disappointed in Marinette.. why did she agree to let Luka drive her home?

"Was she that upset with me?"

He couldn't fall asleep feeling the way he did.
He let out an irritated sigh and threw his hands over his shut eyes.

"damn it..."

Then his night stand started to vibrate. His phone was buzzing but his ringer was off.

He quickly opened his eyes and peeked over at the glowing screen, taking over a quarter of the room with it's light. A part of him was hoping it was Marinette.

"Luka.. ?"
"w— what the hell?"

"Hello ..?" Adrien mumbled, his voice sounding low and tired.

"— ADRIEN, LISTEN MAN, I'M ON MY WAY TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW WITH MARINETTE, I NEED YOU TO MEET ME THERE LIKE— RIGHT NOW"

Adrien's eyes widened and his heart beat started to pick up its pace.

"— Woah woah woah... Slow down.. you—you're on your way to the hospital??"

"I CAN'T EXPLAIN BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, JUST FUCKING MEET ME AT THE LARIBOISIÈRE HOSPITAL"

The phone hung up before Adrien could ask another question.

He stared at his phone screen with confusion and worry.

"I— I have to go.. NOW"

Adrien threw his heavy comforter across the king sized mattress and grabbed the first pair of shoes he saw.

He quickly grabbed the jacket laying from the chair in the corner of his room, and darted out of his bedroom.

He banged on Felix and Nino's doors.

"GUYS— MARI NEEDS HELP— SHE'S IN THE HOSPITAL— EITHER GET THE HELL UP AND COME WITH ME OR GET THERE YOURSELF"

Felix opened his door, rubbing the side of his face. He was shirtless.. looking nowhere near "ready".

"FELIX, GET A SHIRT ON AND MEET ME IN THE DOWNSTAIRS GARAGE—"

Alya opened Nino's door and stared at the guys with an irritated yet lost expression.

"WHY are we YELLING?!" She snapped.

"ALYA— SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH MARINETTE, LUKA'S AT THE HOSPITAL WITH HER RIGHT NOW, WE NEED TO GO"

Alya's eyes widened and her hands started to fidget.