He Said, She Said

Chapter 15• 'He Said, She Said'

Third Person POV: (End of School, The Courtyard in the front of the Sorbonne)

Groups of students poured out from the Sorbonne's entrance. Everyone was excited to get out of school and head back home. Once the entrance wasn't so packed, Lila and Chloe made their way to the front courtyard. Sabrina and Zoe were following shortly behind them.

"Fuck, those lectures felt 10 times longer than they actually were." Lila groaned, sitting down on one of the wooden benches.

"I know, and on top of it all, none of my friends were in any of my classes this year." Chloe followed, taking a seat next to Lila.

Zoe and Sabrina sat on a bench to the right of the Lila and Chloe.

"Did you girls see any cute guys in your courses? I saw like 15.." Sabrina giggled, leaning over to talk to the them.

"That too! There's no eye candy to stare at while the professor talks her mouth off. Don't tell Nathaniel I said that..." Chloe sighed, crossing her right leg over her left.

"Speaking of cute guys, I happened to bump into Luka today.. He came up to me in the halls and complimented my hair.." Lila boasted.

"But, for the sake of our friendship Zoe, I told him that I know he's been playing the both of us and to stop talking to me.."

Zoe stared at Lila with an unconvinced expression. She has a very strong feeling that Lila was lying. 

Luka claimed that he's never talked to Lila face to face before. However, it is possible that he thought she looked nice and complimented her hair. Zoe felt unsure of herself and of Lila.

"Funny you say that Lila, because Luka and I went on a date yesterday and he said that he's never talked to you through text or face to face.." Zoe countered, staring at Lila with an unbothered look.

Sabrina let out an irritated sigh and stood up off the bench.

"I'm not fucking doing this. Lila you're always starting shit with Zoe. Let the girl live. Who gives a damn about who she is and isn't talking to, grow the hell up.." Sabrina snapped, walking away from the girls.

Lila's eyes followed Sabrina, and she could feel her cheeks warping with anger. She took a deep breath and pulled herself together.

Chloe frowned and watched Sabrina walk towards a different group of girls. She could tell that Sabrina was feeling some type of way towards Lila.

She might be feeling replaced.

"Zoe.." Lila sighed sarcastically.

"First of all, I see where our friendship stands with you. I literally told you that Luka was playing us and that we should both stop talking to him, but here you are! Still going out with him to fancy dinners and shit."

Zoe rolled her eyes and scoffed. Before she could reply, Lila cut her off.

"And of course he's going to tell you that he's never heard or talked to me, sweetheart. He's not trying to get caught up in his own game. Take some notes from me Zoe... I told him to fuck off... YOU went on a date with him. Some friend you are.."

Zoe paused and realized that what Lila was saying kind of made sense. She just couldn't see Luka being that type of guy though. He doesn't send her that vibe.

"Sis, It does seem kind of fucked up.." Chloe interrupted with a frown.

"Chloe... are you really picking Lila's side over mine right now?" Zoe scoffed.