Finding Our 'Happy'

Chapter 23• Finding Our 'Happy'

Third Person POV:  (The Lariboisière Hospital, ER)

Adrien and Alya followed the doctor down the quiet, fluorescent lightened hallway. So many thoughts were flooding their minds.

"She can't be dead, right?"
"The doctor would've told us if she was..."
"Fuck Marinette, I wish you would've just talked to me.."

"She's a couple more rooms down.." The doctor stated, guiding Adrien and Alya. "She should be conscious now, just resting.."

Alya started fidgeting with her fingers, attempting to calm her nerves.

She looked up at Adrien. His face was still and stern.
She could tell that he was stressed.

She placed her hand onto his.

He could feel her calming presence from the soft texture of her skin sitting on his.
His facial expression softened, and his shoulders eased up.

Alya took notice and held his hand tighter, letting him know that she was right there with him.

"We ordered gastric suction right when she had come in. She had ingested around 46 Benzodiazepines along with a few Tylenol.."

Alya's heart dropped to her stomach.
Adrien kept a still face with the doctor.

"We also administered her with Narcan, reversing the effects of the medication. She become conscious almost immediately afterwards." The doctor continued, still walking down the bright hospital hallway.

Alya slowly reached for her back pocket and pulled out her phone. She found Luka's contact and started to text him with updates.

Soon enough the doctor's footsteps started to slow down in pace, and he stopped in front of the room where Marinette was

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Soon enough the doctor's footsteps started to slow down in pace, and he stopped in front of the room where Marinette was.

"Alright, this is her room. After both of you.." The doctor finished, sliding the hospital room door open.

Adrien and Alya quickly pushed their way inside.

"Marinette... oh my god.." Alya croaked, her voice beginning to break.

"Mari..." Adrien mumbled, kneeling down next to her bed. A tear escaped the corner of his eye.

Marinette's weary eyes slowly opened to sound of their voices.

Alya reached for her limp hand. It was basically stone cold. She gripped it tight, not planning on letting go.