Just a Couple

Chapter 20• 'Just a Couple'

Third Person POV: (Le Grand Paris, The Lobby)

Adrien's emotions were all over the place. He felt hurt, confused, angry, disappointed, helpless, and jealous.

He couldn't believe Marinette just agreed to let Luka take her home.

What was he supposed to do? Follow them to her house and keep them 6 feet apart the whole time? She already said that she didn't want to go home with him tonight.

She was a grown adult. She was going to make her own decisions. There's no stopping that.

There was nothing that Adrien could do about it.

Besides...

" — Listen...

Fine... Mari wants you to take her home so that's what's you're gonna do Luka..

You're gonna make sure my girlfriend gets home safe, and that's ALL you're gonna do.

You're not walking her inside, you're not taking off her clothes to change her into some new ones, and you're DEFINITELY NOT tucking her in..

Marinette is a grown woman so she's going to do whatever the hell she pleases... but IM telling you.. that if you touch my girlfriend anywhere on her body tonight...

I swear to god, I'll kill you."

Luka stared at Adrien, unfazed.
He already had no intention of trying to get in Marinette's pants tonight. He's not a Felix.

Besides, his mind was on someone else at the moment anyways.

He's simply just trying to help Marinette out. He did promise her that he'd always be there when she needed him.

He still respected Adrien for putting down boundaries though..

"You have my word, Agreste.

— I'm simply taking your girlfriend back home, and coming back here to spend the night with another woman who also deserves my undivided attention.."

Zoe's eyes widened. She nervously looked up at Luka then back to the ground. Her cheeks were glowing red.

That caught Adrien off guard. He didn't know how to respond to that.
He had no idea that Luka and Zoe were seeing each other..

"So, if it's okay with you, we're gonna go now... I don't want to get back here any later than eleven.." Luka added in a genuine tone.

"Here, take my car." Zoe said, handing Luka her keys. "I don't think it's safe to have Marinette riding on the back of a motorcycle drunk.."

Adrien took a deep breath in and let it out. He glanced over at Mari. Her head hung low, and her arms crossed because she was getting cold. He could tell that she was genuinely tired.

It made it so hard for him to stay mad at her.

Adrien just loved her too much.

"Mari... get home safe..." Adrien sighed, his tone becoming a little softer.

Marinette looked up from the floor but she couldn't figure out what to say. Her mind was a blur.

Before Luka and her decided to head out, Adrien took off his coat and placed it over her shoulders.

"I'll text you in the morning.. just please don't ignore me, Marinette..." He finished.