This Year Should be Interesting

Chapter 11• 'This Year Should be Interesting'

Chloe, Zoe, and Lila Filler Chapter

Third Person POV: (Le Grand Paris, Chloe's Bedroom)

"Chloe, are you friends with Marinette Dupain-Cheng and her little pet, Alya?" Lila asked, swiping on her phone.

"I would say that we're friends but we're not that close. Zoe is closer with Dupain- Cheng then I am." She answered, adjusting her hair in her full body length mirror.

"I really like Marinette. I don't understand why you two have problems with her.." Zoe interrupted, trying to find something to watch on Netflix.

"Oh hunny.. You don't even know the half of it. You've only been here for a few months now. You'll see what we're talking about once college starts." Lila mumbled, her eyes glued to her screen.

"When does college start again?" Zoe asked, looking to Chloe.

"Next Monday." Chloe replied, walking over to sit on the couch. "Zoe hand me the remote, I want to watch this one movie that I saw on Tiktok. It looked good."

Zoe tossed Chloe the remote and pulled out her phone. She noticed that she had missed a text from Luka.

She smiled at the text and started to write him back

She could feel her heart skip a beat when he texted her. This only meant that she was really falling for him.

"Zoe, what are you cheesin' about over there? Is there a special someone that Chloe and I don't know about?" Lila pressed

Zoe rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Well I wouldn't say that.. just this guy that I met at Cafe De Flore." She replied, tucking her phone back in her pocket.

"When was this?" Lila continued.

"A few weeks after I had just moved here. I saw him and something just told me to ask for his number. It was weird." Zoe followed.

"But, we've been texting back and forth since then, and he just asked me on a date for donuts." She yelped with a big grin.

"Awe, how cute sister. What's his name?" Chloe asked, still clicking through shows.

"I'm not sure if you guys know him because he's about 2 years older, but his name is Luka." She finished still smiling.

Lila's eyes shot up to look at her. Chloe slowly turned around to look as well. They both seemed shocked.

Zoe could feel Lila's stare piercing through her from the corner of her eye. There was a strong tension in the room.. and it I wasn't there before.

"Uh.. what? Why are you both staring at me like that?" Zoe asked sheepishly.

"Girl... Luka? OUR Luka? Blue Hair? Rockstar dad? Super hot?" Lila blurted.

"Yeah! That one. So you guys do know him.. ?" Zoe yelped with surprise.

Chloe and Lila looked at each other then back to Zoe.

"Zoe, I'm not sure how you feel about... girl code.. but I don't think that you can talk to Luka.." Chloe mumbled.

"What? Why?" She asked in a disappointed tone.

"Well, you see.. Since you're so 'close' with Dupain-Cheng, I wouldn't suggest that you catch feelings for Luka. He's her ex. Like.. THE ex. They were each other's firsts." Chloe continued.

"Yeah.. and I'm not sure how to say this but I'm glad we brought this up." Lila interrupted. "He's been texting and calling me as well. I guess he's just been talking to us both.."

Lila was lying. She was taken by surprise when Zoe claimed to be talking to Luka Couffaine. She wanted to talk to him, but every time she tried to message him, he'd always leave her on read.

Zoe felt her heart sink. This was really disappointing. She knew that her and Luka were just friends but she eventually wanted to be more than that. It would be fucked up of her to date him without knowing how Marinette felt. On the other hand, she didn't quite believe Lila. She was going to have to ask Luka about that herself.

"Well.. I don't know. It doesn't seem very logical to just drop everything and ghost him. I'm going to talk to Marinette and Luka about it.." Zoe concluded, pulling out her phone.

"Well okay. It doesn't really matter to me, but I like the idea of you talking to Dupain-Cheng about it." Chloe mentioned. "I mean.. she is with Adrien now, I doubt that she would mind."

Lila glared at Chloe and then let out a fake chuckle.

"How disappointing... I really thought Luka and I had something going. Well, at least we both know that he's a shitty douche who talks to multiple girls at once.. huh Zoe?" Lila boasted with a smirk.

Zoe stared at Lila. Something was just telling her that she was lying. Luka didn't seem like the type to entertain a bunch of girls. Then again, Zoe hasn't gotten the chance to get to know him that well either.

"I mean, if I were in your shoes sister, I would want you to let me know if Nathaniel was talking to some other bitch. Maybe you should be thanking Lila..." Chloe mentioned with an unbothered shrug.

Lila shot Zoe a fake wink and continued scrolling through her phone.

Zoe sighed and stared at her and Luka's texts.

She wanted to ask him about Lila through text but she thought that was weird. She was going to wait until tomorrow.

To be continued besties :)
Glad I could drop some chapters today. I've been busy.

Please feel free to let me know what you want to see/ read about in this book. I have a lot of ideas but knowing what you besties want makes it easier.

College is next week. I hope you're all ready❤️

BY THE WAY BESTIES! I PLAN ON HAVING 65 CHAPTERS IN THIS BOOK!

Don't quote me on that yet though lmfao.