First Day, First Year

Chapter 13• 'First Day, First Year'

Third Person POV: The Sorbonne University

"Marinette, stop checking your mascara, you look fine girl." Alya sighed, snatching her tiny mirror.

"Alya! Give it back! There's a smudge now because you messed me up." Marinette whined, trying to take the mirror back.

The two girls made their way up the large, concrete stairway towards the university. In the distance, they noticed Rose, Juleka, and Alix huddled together outside of the entrance.

"Hey girls!" Alya called out, waving her hand in the air.

"Alya! Marinette!" Rose cheered, running towards them.

The girls embraced each other with a hug and started towards Alix and Jules.

"Where's Adrien and Nino?" Alix asked, taking a bite of her buttered croissant.

"They should already be here or on their way, you haven't seen them?" Marinette replied, scanning the campus.

Before the girls could answer her, a loud rumble was heard further down the stairs. The girls turned their heads to see what it was. They spotted a green motorcycle pull up in the parking lot. The engine roar echoed off of the university's outside walls.

"Woah.. is that who I think it is?" Alya mumbled, placing her hand over her eyes.

"Yep..." Juleka replied, leaning against a bench.

Luka swung his leg off of the bike and swiftly pulled off his helmet. He shook his head side to side, his wavy blue hair falling into place.

The girls followed him with their eyes. They haven't seen Luka since the incident in Hawaii. They noticed his slight change in appearance too.

"Way to make an entrance show off!" Juleka taunted from the top of the stairs.

Luka looked up and chuckled at her comment. He made his way up the large stairway, his hands sitting in his pockets.

Random girls were gawking at him from the other side of the pad.

"It's been awhile, how are you guys?" Luka asked, giving Rose a side hug.

"Could be better, you tryna buy me another croissant?" Alix muffled, her mouth full of bread.

Luka chuckled under his breath and gestured for Alix to hold out her hand. She shot him a confused look and slowly held out her hand, palm facing up. Luka placed a five in her palm and rolled her fingers over the cash. She stared at the money then back to Luka. He showed her a smile and walked past the girls into the building.

"Did he actually just give me money for another croissant?" Alix asked, staring blankly at her hand.

"He looks so... how do I say this..?" Alya started.

"Different?" Juleka finished with a tired sigh.

"Yeah.. different." Alya laughed, pulling out her phone. "I wonder where the hell Nino and Adrien are.."

Marinette was frozen next to Alya. That was the first time that she's seen Luka since the incident in Hawaii. She didn't know how to feel.