Twenty (ish) Questions

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He waited, and waited, taking in the sudden silence and everything about her expression before dropping his voice in concern.

".........are you?"

Hikari paused before her placid expression morphed into a heavy laugh, the girl covering her own mouth and shaking her head. Oh my god, he actually did think that, didn't he? Idiot.

"Tempting, but no. That's not really my thing anyway. You forget I'm not Dabi."

A large wave of relief washed over him at the rejection, all of his feathers deflating at his side before Hawks felt himself shake his head in exasperation. It was only eleven in the morning and he was already getting a headache from her antics.

Letting his voice come out slightly bitter for the cruel joke she played, Hawks grumbled back. "Well, you could've fooled me. You're both a pain in my ass."

The insult only made her laugh even harder though, placing a hand to her chest and pretending she was really affected by his words with batted eyes.

"Aww, that's so sweet brother. I'm touched, really."

All of a sudden, Hikari was seemingly pushed out of the way, the air inside her lungs escaping with a gasp as a group of girls replaced her with an ear piercing squeal. "Hawks! Can I get your picture? You're like my favorite hero, like ever!"

Regaining her balance, the girl then turned back to the circle before rolling her eyes with a scoff. Stupid little fangirls. Treating me like garbage again. Just shut up already, you're making my ears bleed.

Hawks seemingly blinked in surprise at the group before snapping into his full hero persona, flashing the girl with the camera a wink in order to pose. "Oh, uhh yeah baby bird. Of course you can. Only if you dream about me tonight though."

Despite all the excitement, Hikari felt like she was going to barf, his cheesy and corny lines causing the girl to groan far louder than she expected to. "Oh my god, kill me now..."

Although, it was loud enough that the entire group seemed to turn around at the sound, all of them glaring at Hikari with murder since she just insulted thier favortie hero. "Excuse me, who are you? Do you have some kind of problem or something?"

Yet Hikari didn't seem intimidated, in the slightest, strolling forward before eyeing the fan with disdain. "Oh sweetheart, I have a million problems right now, and they all begin with you."

Puffing her cheeks out in anger, the group couldn't help but be offended as the situation got worse. "What did you.."

That's when Hawks stepped in though, moving in front of his sister before giving a nervous chuckle in order to get the attention off of her. "She's kidding, she's kidding. That's my sidekick for you, always here for the jokes. Now, let's get that picture."

It took a couple of minutes but soon the fangirl's were happy with his offer, circling around the hero as they took their photos and left a moment later. Although, they did sneak in one last glare to Hikari before leaving.

Once they were gone, the bird sighed in exasperation before turning to his sister in disapproval. "You really shouldn't do that."

Hikari didn't seem bothered at all though, the girl running a couple fingers through her blonde hair before scoffing. "I don't see the point in being fake if it's not beneficial to me."

The awkward silence returned a moment later and Hawks found himself playing with his intertwined hands with overwhelming thought. This whole bonding plan of his wasn't going well at all, was it?