The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and the Wanderer Part 2

Beginne am Anfang

 "OW OW, OW! THAT STINGS!" She cried, and her legs began squirming and kicking forward at the ground.

"Just hold still, will you?" said Koga. He reached into his pocket to pull out a roll of white tape. He unraveled the tape, then wrapped it around Bean's wound and tied it. "There, all done. See? Wasn't so bad, was it?" He lowered Bean's sleeve.

"What was that stuff?" Elfo asked curiously. Koga looked between Bean and Elfo. 

"You two act like you haven't seen medicinal ointment before," He said as he placed the tape and ointment back into his pocket.

"Medicinal what?" Bean asked confused

"It's a remedy used to treat cuts. As a wanderer who gets into many crazy situations, I must have this." Koga explained, "Now that that's done, we need to get moving." Koga unsheathes his short sword and cuts the binding ropes around Bean, Elfo, and Luci. "If we end up running into something, we can't be tied down. Don't run away from me when we get to the top, ok, buckteeth?" Koga smirked at Bean.

"Call me that again, and I'll use these buckteeth to bite out your spine," Bean said, glaring at Koga.

"So scary," Koga taunted. 

   With that said and done. Led by Luci, the four of them began to tread down the path ahead. As they walked further down the path, the area around them expanded, giving them more room to spread out. After a few minutes of walking, they finally reached a large wooden door.

Bean walked forward and tried to push it open. "UGH! It's locked!" She groaned.

"Step aside, princess," said Koga. Bean steps aside as Koga lifts his leg and kicks open the doors, sending them flying inside the room.

"Noice!" said Luci as he walked in. Luci looked around and spotted a torch on the wall. He climbed up and lit it. Once the torch was lit, the light revealed an extensive library of books and various items. In the middle of the room was a table with worn yellow papers, more books stacked up on each other, and an iron box with a lock.

"Whoa..." Awed Elfo as he stepped into the room. 

"So we discovered an underground Library? How exciting," said Bean with Obvious fake enthusiasm. She enters the room and looks up at the collection of books. Bean knew a certain someone who would love all of this. 

"Be careful, and don't touch anything. We don't know if this stuff is booby-trapped," said Koga cautiously as he looked around for an exit.

"Hehehe...Booby," Elfo giggled to himself.

"Oh, don't worry, mighty wanderer. I'll try to hold back my curiosity about the wondrous world of books," said Bean with much sass and sarcasm.

"Thank you, your Highness. You didn't peg me as the one who reads much," Koga said with a grin.

Bean rolled her eyes, but then her eyes fell upon the small chest on the table. Luci walked over and climbed up to Bean's shoulder. His eyes were on the box, too.

"Whatcha thinks in it?" Luci asked her.

"No idea," Bean replied, shaking her head.

"Wanna open it?"

"I do, but...he is right. We might set off a trap,"

"Oh, come on, even if there traps here, there's no way that they're working after all this time,"

Suddenly, a clank rang, and a bolt shot out near Elfo, but Koga caught it. Koga glares down at Elfo, who lets out a nervous chuckle. "Thanks..." The Elf said softly. Koga tosses the bolt away and continues to look for an exit.