chapter eight part three

Start from the beginning

"I want to see my mommy" she cried, her tears spilling out of her eyes yet again. "I know little one, i'll take you to her" I promised and headed over to her mom. "Oh Angel" the woman said when she saw me walking towards her with her daughter. "Mommy a big stone fell on me and I was stuck, I was so scared" she explained to her mom as I knelt down beside her. "Oh my poor baby, are you okay now thou?" She asked, trying to keep the pain off her face for her daughters sake. "Yeah, this man here helped me" she admitted patting me on the head. "That was nice of him, baby I need you to cover your ears for a second okay. I have t tell this man something that your too young to know" she said to her daughter. "But I'm a big girl mommy" she argued, her face falling into a pout. "I know baby, but this is boring old people stuff anyway" she said, trying to convince her daughter. "Okay mommy" she said and put her fingers in her ears.

"I know that I'm dying, I can feel it" she said to me, a tear rolling down her face. "I can try and save you" I said, knowing it was unlikely that she would live. "No, I'm a doctor so I know its too late for me. I'm dying so I need a favor off you. I wouldn't ask if I didn't have a choice. Please look after my baby girl. She doesn't have a father or any other family, there is nowhere she can go and live" she begged I could tell she was trying to hold her tears back. "You live with the royals, and apart from tonight nothing bad has ever happened here. Please let Angel stay here, I have money that she can live off" she begged. I didn't know the first thing about kids, but I would learn. "Ill protect her, she can live here" I promised. She smiled in joy at my answer. "Oh thank you" she said. "Its fine, and your money is hers, I wont touch it" I said back, smiling. "Can you remove her fingers from her ears please? I need to say goodbye" She asked me looking sad. I nodded and used my one free hand to remove her daughters fingers from her ears. "Your mommy want to talk to  you" I said with a smile, trying not to cry myself.

"What is it mommy?" She asked, looking her mother in the eye. "Baby I've got to go to heaven. But this man" she stopped and looked at me. "Damen" I said. "This man Damen is going to look after you" she explained. I could see all the tears rolling down her face. "Are you going to see daddy?" She asked, too young to fully understand. "Yes baby" the woman said to her daughter. "Can I come too mommy?" She asked her mother. "No baby its not your time" she said, causing her daughters face to fall. "Please don't go mommy, I love you" the girl begged, a whole fresh wave of tears threatening to fall. "I have to baby. I'm so sorry, but always remember that I love you" her mom said, lifting a shaky hand to stroke her daughters cheek. "I love you too mommy" the girl said just as her mother breathed her last breath and died. "Mommy?" The girl called when her moms hand fell from her face. "She's gone, I'm sorry" I said to the girl, making those tears she was holding back fall down her face.

"No shes not, shes right there. Look, shes just fallen asleep" she argued, for such a small child she sounded intelligent. "Her body is there, but her spirit is in heaven" I explained as best as I could. I've never been around kids, so I'm not sure how to explain things to them. "No" she cried, finally understanding. I felt so bad for the little girl, shes just lost the last relative she has. "Its okay little one, shes in a better place now" I said. It was something you hear people say in films and books all the time, and its pretty much the only think I can think to say. The little girl, Angel I think her name is, pulled fully out of my arms to cling to her mothers lifeless body. "Mommy comeback, please I'll be a good girl. I promise" she begged, holding her mom. "She cant sweet, I'm sorry" I said, not knowing what else to say.

It broke my heart watching her, and I wanted nothing more than to let her mourn. But I couldn't, there were still so many people trapped who needed my help. And it wasn't safe for her to stay here. I needed to get her to safety. "We've got to go, its to dangerous to stay here" I said, feeling horrible. "But mommy, she cant stay here" she cried, finally looking back up to me. "I'll move her as soon as I can. Okay?" I promised, not entirely sure where I could move her body to. "Okay" she agreed, putting her arms out for me to take her back in my arms. I walked her out the ballroom and into the living room, she was still crying but I think sleep was about to take over.

"Hey" I said to the woman who I helped get from underneath the beam earlier, I really should learn her name. "Hi" she greeted me back with a weak smile. "Could you watch her for me?" I asked, nodding my head towards the girl cradled in my arms. "Sure" she said, holding her arms out for Angel. "Wheres her mother?" she asked me as I set Angel down. I couldn't answer her, I didn't want to risk Angel crying again. So instead I just looked at her, hoping she would guess. "Oh" she said, getting it. "I promised her mom I would take Angel and raise her, and I plan on keeping my word" I explained. She nodded her head that she understood. I could see the admiration in her eyes. "Do you know her?" she asked me, stroking Angels head in a soothing gesture. "No" I admitted. "Your a good man" she said. "No, I'm just doing what anyone would" I said, not wanting her admiration. "No, not everyone would take on a child that was no relation to them" she said back. "Look I've got to get back and help, I'll try not to be too long" I said, not wanting to talk anymore. "Okay, I'll take good care of her for you" she promised. "Thanks, I'm sorry  didn't get your name" I said. "Amethyst" she said back with a smile. "I'm Damen" I introduced myself. "Well, I best be off" I said then left the room.

================================================================================

Okay my smexy fans, I'm going to leave it here tonight. I think I have a cold or a flue coming, so I'm as rough as hell :( Liza and Lianna will be back soon, I'm kinda missing them lol And I know I shouldn't miss Lianna, she is evil after all. But I'm kinda intrigued by her haha

Please COMMENT_ i love to hear what you guys think :)

              FAN_ I love having fans it makes me smile XD

              VOTE_ Ive entered this story in the watty awards so your votes will be appreciated :p