Rewind

"Your highness, the Princess is getting worse each day," said the royal physician.

"We don't have to worry. No one knows of the princess anyways," replied the King, reluctantly.

The King summoned the Royal Physician to give updates on the condition of the Princess. The Princess was born with a skin disease. They thought it was just a typical skin disease but little did they knew that it was killing the Princess little by little.

Only the people in the palace knew of the existence of the Princess. She had basically lived in a prison. The King kept her locked inside because her skin disease was a disgrace to the royal family. They disgusted her. The people of the Kingdom valued physical appearance so highly especially among the royal family. They couldn't have even a small scar.

The Princess lived in despair. Only her older brother, the crown prince, would go to her room and tell her stories of the outside world.

"Call the Royal Chef immediately," commanded the King.

The Royal Chef just arrived at the palace. His great skills in cooking impressed the King so he ordered the chef to serve the royal family.

"Serve the Princess of your greatest dishes," ordered the King.

The Royal Chef created the most delicious food for the Princess and the Princess was delighted so she wanted to meet the Royal Chef.

And that was the start of everything.

The Royal Chef noticed the sadness in her eyes. He wanted to make her happy. The Princess found comfort not only in his foods but also in his smile.

The Royal Chef told the Princess stories and jokes until the Princess cried of laughing. That was the first time the Princess laughed so loud. She felt like living again. She felt braver and hopeful by his side.

The Royal Chef would sneak out of the palace with the Princess at night. That was the only time they could go out without getting caught. He showed her the beautiful lights coming from the houses and the beautiful lights of the night sky. The princess had always loved the night sky. During the day, she couldn't see the outside world but at night through the night sky, she could see the world.

The Royal Chef was happy to see the Princess smiling again. Her smile and laughter were the most beautiful view he had ever seen in his life.

They fell in love. The stars and the moon were witnesses of their growing feelings and under the night sky they confessed their love to each other.

It was the start of the most tragic love story ever known.

Someone told the King of the growing relationship between the Royal Chef and the Princess. The King was anxious. He didn't want the people to know about the Princess. His enemies might use her against him. Their relationship was impossible anyway. It would only be a matter of time before the Princess die.

He offered an opportunity for the Royal Chef to pursue his career outside the Kingdom. The opportunity wasn't existing at first but because he had to separate the two, he had to create it. He treasured the Royal Chef greatly. His skill was an asset and the Kingdom was getting known because of him.

The Royal Chef didn't want to go. He wanted to marry the Princess. He had plan of taking the Princess out of that prison and live together, free. But the Princess wanted the Royal Chef to chase his dreams. He could master his profession outside the Kingdom and she was hopeless anyway. She had to let him go.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to leave you."

"This isn't your world. You deserve the world out there."

"My world is with you. I love you and I will marry you."

"You have your dreams before you met me. Chase your dreams first and then we'd be together by then."

"I can't. Come with me. You don't deserve this."

"The King is going to kill the both of us and you know that. You should go. I'll be here waiting for your return."

"I'm going to come back for you. I promise that. The moon will always be with the stars. I will always love you."

The Royal Chef left the Kingdom with hopes of having someone to come back to. He didn't know of the nearing death of the Princess.

While he was pursuing his dreams he received a news from the palace, that the Princess had already died. 

🎶 In another life
I would be your girl
We keep all our promises
Be us against the world 🎶