54.

18th December, three weeks later.

"John, I'm scared." Paul spoke, staring out into the distance.

It was a winter morning, the air freezing cold. John and Paul were sat in the gardens of Aquitaine palace, on a bench nearby to Pyramus' garden. The sky was white, and the air was cold enough that it could start to snow at any moment.

"I know, baby." John responded, looking next to him and at Paul. He smiled at the younger Omega, before wrapping a comforting arm around him, his cast off. "Of course you're going to be scared... It's only natural!"

"I know but I mean-" Paul cut himself off, looking down to his hands, that were shielded from the cold air by black gloves. "It's just that I'm an Omega... How did I ever get here?"

"Because things are different here. Times have changed and your father no longer controles you, Macca." John informed him, gently. He caressed the boys sides, sweetly. "You deserve to be a Prince, you have made your mark in this Kingdom and are truly one of the best people in it. You really deserve this."

Paul stared at John, tears welling up in his eyes.

"When I place that crown on your head today, I want you to know that you've earned it." When a tear fell down Paul's face, John's thumb wiped ut away before it could freeze. "I don't know a single person who believes otherwise..."

Paul didn't say anything in response. Nothing he could say could be anywhere near as heartwarming and kind as what John had just said, so there was no point trying. Instead, Paul leant forward, embracing John in a tight hug and creating warmth.

"Thank you..." Paul eventually decides on, whispering the words into the black fabric of a scarf that was around John's neck.

"It's true, darling... Everyone loves you." John pulled away. "But not as much as I love you." With that, the Alpha pulled the Omega in for a kiss.

It lasted a few seconds, before their faces were too cold. When Paul pulled away, he laughed, sheepishly and cheekily.

"Corny..." He smirked, playfully.

"For you, any day." John played along, emitting a giggle from the other. He then checked his watch, before patting Paul's shoulder. "George and the rest of the team will be waiting in your room to get you changed, we should probably set off back up there."

"Okay." Paul nodded, looking down to his gloves once more. "I'll go up, you try and find Pyramus. It sounds silly... But I want him to be there."

John reached forward to lift Paul's face up.

"That's the sanest thing you've said to me today." John smiled, giving him a final peck on the lips. "I love you." The Alpha smiled as he stood up.

"I love you too."

John turned around, walking away as he called for the cat.

He was sure that the ceremony would be a great one. Both he and Martin had done his best to make it happen.

-

The throne room was all set and ready.

100 chairs for 100 guests flooded the inside, 50 on each side of the aisle. They had light blue silk cloth draped over them, and were situated in an awfully neat order. The orange curtains were open, letting in as much natural light from the outside as possible, and the few cameras were set up around the thrones.

The most important people of the 100 guests included the following: John, Victoria, Victoria's husband, Young Julia, Jackie, Julia, George, Ringo, Stuart, Martin, five of John's distant cousins, Two of Paul's cousins, Pyramus (of course) the prime minister, other important government people, important friends of the Queen and the Queen.