24.

The boys had been waiting in the Doctor's office for 20 minutes now. Usually, the patient would wait outside, in the waiting area, until the tests came back. However, with the risk of John and Paul being spotted, Doctor Wallace decided that it was easier for the two to just remain waiting in the room.

Though it was not just the risk of being found out that made him come to that conclusion... The Omega was clearly terribly unwell, seeming to get paler by the second. He'd got his character back a little, his charm too, however still seemed exhausted. The sooner these blood tests came back, the more relaxed they would all be.

The nurse returned after 25 minutes, the doctor waiting at the door to prevent her from actually entering. They could not risk anyone else knowing that they were here.

"So..." The Doctor spoke, making his way back over to his desk seat, the document infront of him.

John watched eagerly as The Doctor placed it on the desk, before taking his glasses from the side and studying the writing carefully.

And then, his face fell with sadness.

"What is it, Doctor?" John asked, as soon as he noticed that expression.

"Please give me a minute, sir..." He responded, desperate to carry on. John was respectful to the man, nodding as Dr Wallace continued.

They knew when he had finished reading, as a large sigh fell from his lips. Even Paul's head shot up at that noise, confused and rather concerned.

"Doc?" He asked, timidly.

"Yes..." He spun around in his chair, facing the boys once more. "Paul..."

"A-Am I pregnant?" The Omega asked, biting his lip.

"No."

John watched as Paul's face barely moved. But he could see the water in his eyes, and how the poor Omega was tearing up quickly. He watched as Paul blinked them away, nodding rather sadly and taking a deep breath. All John could to was reach out for Paul's hand, taking it in his own and stroking in gently.

"What... Whatever is the matter then, Doctor?" The Omega asked, his head still bowed low, voice sad.

"Paul, you might want to take a deep breath for this." The man spoke, seriously. His face then briefly turned to face John, who's own emotions the Alpha had put aside in order to help Paul. "You too, your highness."

"Okay..." John responded, suspiciously.

Paul lifted his head up with a sniff, terribly dumbfounded.

"Paul, for the past two months, you apparently have been taking heat suppressants."

Paul suddenly looked terrified.

"B-But I... I stoped taking them, fully, Doc." He spoke quickly, shock filling his body. "I swear..." The boy turned to face John. "I promise, John, I did..."

"Hey, hey..." John soothed. "It's alright... I know you did." He caressed the boy's cheek with his free hand. "I know you are not lying. So does the doctor, and I'm sure he will explain what is going on here..."

"Indeed." They turned back to the doctor, Paul now held fully in John's arms. "What other symptoms did you have, Paul? Apart from those of an Omega's pregnancy?"