32.

October 31st, 1960.

A month soon went by, and slowly, everyone's lives moved on from the poisoning incident. John and Paul had indeed had their own kitchen installed, very close to their room. Although they had soon realised that only Paul could cook, and even then, his skills were mediocre... So Ringo recommended a beta he knew, Astrid. She enjoyed her job as chef a lot, and also enjoyed John and Paul's company.

Though there was another Beta who's company she preferred even more. Stuart.

Astrid was polite. She didn't just bow to John, she bowed to Paul. And she didn't just greet John, she also greeted Paul. Whenever she was in the corridor and she spotted the Omega, she always acknowledged him. 'Hello, sir... Good evening sir.' She would say to him. Or 'Hello your highness... Good evening your highness.' Of course, by Astrid doing so, Stuart now did so too.

Paul always left the kitchen with a wide smile, and it was clear he enjoyed the way Astrid addressed him. He always seemed so giddy and cheerful after her comments, and after Stuart's too. John loved seeing Paul so happy, his favourite thing was seeing Paul prancing around the Quarters wearing a cheeky smile.

John just loved Paul, and now felt he couldn't remember a time where the two did not know each other. It felt like they had spent their entire life together, and known each other forever. But in reality, they had only been married for four months, and they had only been mated for one of those four months.

Still, John loved Paul like how the earth loved oxygen. He lived and breathed Paul, he adored him.

And so he'd do anything to make him smile like that all the time.

The Prince was arriving home after a morning of state trips. There were companies in which he had been having dinner with the CEO's of, there were office workers which he was shaking the hands of. Overall, a busy morning.

When he set off, Paul had not yet woken up. John had left him a note, and told George to drop in on him, however had not spoken to him in person since the night before. He missed him so much, he just wanted to hug the boy close to him.

As soon as the Rolls Royce pulled over, John jumped out of the car. He didn't even wait for Mal to open the door for him, he just simply had to see Paul as soon as he could. John ran through the halls, rushing through the corridors in order to reach the pair's bedrooms.

But the sight John saw when he stepped into the Drawing Room was not what he expected at all.

Paul was sat on the velvet sofa, sobbing into his hands, a tissue in his grasp. George was sat next to him, rubbing his back and shushing him gently, but it didn't seem to be working. As the door opened wider, the Beta's head shot up, and upon seeing John's presence, George begged John for help through his eyes.

The Alpha closed the door and rushed over to the two immediately. He was surprised that Paul could not immediately detect his scent as soon as he entered the room, he usually could.

"Hey, hey..." John spoke, softly and sweetly, kneeling on the ground beside the sofa. "Whatever is the matter, baby?" He rubbed Paul's arm gently, and the Omega slowly lifted his head at John's presence.

"I-It's..." Paul tried, but was cut off by a hiccup.

His cheeks were red and he had lines down his face where tears had been running. The Omega's eyes looked sore, having been rubbed by the crumpled and shrunken tissue too fiercely.

"Come on, baby... You can tell me..." John soothed, a hand reaching up to stroke Paul's left cheek with his thumb. "I'm listening, my love..."

Paul whimpered a little, before finally speaking.