15.

(HAPPY BDAY GEORGE)

For the remainder of that morning, Paul did not leave his bedroom. He refused to allow anyone to enter, telling them to leave him alone if they tried. Even John was not allowed access.

John was terribly concerned, knocking on the door in the empty room, wondering whatever was wrong with his fiancé. He had been perfectly fine the night before, over the moon, to be honest! He sat in the drawing room, trying to think what possibly could have happened in the time he was asleep, but nothing came to mind.

Perhaps the phone call with Mike made him feel rather homesick...

John just wasn't sure.

There was a knock on the drawing room door, and John had an idea of who it was.

"Come in, George." John sighed, however when the door opened, George was not there.

"Your highness?" George rarely called him that.

"Stuart?" When he turned around, Stuart was indeed stood there, a pile of clothes lay in his arms.

"I have your dry cleaning here, your clothes from last night, sir?"

"Ah, yes..." He nodded. "Yes, just put them in my wardrobe, Stuart..." The Alpha sighed, and the young Beta nodded.

John watched Stuart closely, as he made his way into John's bedroom, wondering if Stuart would know why Paul was like this. Probably unlikely, but he guessed he wouldn't know until he asked.

"Stuart?" He called.

"Y-Yes sir...?" The frail, skinny teenager appeared in the doorframe close after.

"Do you have any idea why Paul will not leave his bedroom?" He expected a no, but the answer he got was quite different.

"Oh goodness..." The courtier muttered, and more worry sprung upon John.

"Hold on there... Whatever do you mean, Stuart?"

"Well... I spoke to George before, as I was collecting your dry cleaning. He looked rather worried, almost spooked, and so I felt I had to ask him what was wrong..." Stuart explained, talking to John as if he was a schoolboy who was being scolded for misbehaving. "And he said he had just led the O- Paul, to the main dining room, to have breakfast with the Queen."

Anger spread through John's body. He knew that he originally had wanted Mimi to introduce herself to Paul, however the woman had clearly done more than just introduce herself. Why else would Paul have locked himself in his room, telling John to leave him alone?

She had upset poor Paul, and for that, John was going to have a good word with her.

"Stuart... May you do me a favour?" John asked.

"Yes... Yes of course, your highness." He nodded, immediately.

"Will you stay here with Paul, just incase he comes round whilst I'm not here? I don't wish for him to be alone if he does decide to leave." John explained, knowing that Stuart would say yes. It was his duty to say yes.

"Of course, sir. I shall remain here until you return."

"Thank you." John smiled, patting the lad on the shoulder, before speeding towards the door.

His face was filled with anger and annoyance as he made his way down the halls. He ignored every servant that greeted him, not even sending a glance or a smile in their way like he usually did. His chest felt on fire with fury.

Mimi would not mess with Paul again, not if John could stop her.

-

"Martin!" He called to the man who he had great fully spotted in the corridor. Martin froze, turning around in confusion.