9.

(A/N- I will most likely not be updating this story at the weekends ❤️)

"When will the two of you be married, your highness?" A journalist asked, multiple cameras flashing behind them.

"This Saturday." John responded, flashing a smile over to Paul.

However the rather shattered looking Omega wasn't paying much attention, rather staring aimlessly infront of him, head tilted rather to the side. The boy looked like he'd been hypnotised, most likely because of the overwhelming scent of stressed Alpha that had caused it.

"Is the Queen excited for the wedding, sir?" A female journalist with bright blonde hair, sat in the corner of the room, asked.

"Absolutely thrilled." John smiled at the woman, nodding widely. However John knew the situation was much more different.

Mimi hadn't even introduced herself fully to Paul yet. Infact, apart from Paul's arrival, the Omega hadn't seen the woman at all. It enraged John greatly that Mimi would not simply try and be tolerable, but the Alpha knew that she was just being stubborn. She'd wanted John to marry a Beta, however cabinet had advised her against it. An Omega mate was much more traditional, they insisted, therefore denying her request.

The Queen did not like to be told no.

She deemed Omega's useless and feeble creatures on the whole, which John knew was total absurdity. Mimi had adored her own Omega like he was heaven on earth, even demanding that cabinet lift the restrictions on Omega's rights in the Kingdom. That move was one of the reasons Mimi was rather liked by her people, at least in the beginning

Her and George used to frequently visit the people of the Kingdom, thrilled to see how rules surrounding Omega's had changed in her rein. Omega's were walking the streets alone, driving cars rather than just bicycles, they were drinking in bars, also. It was her greatest achievement, and she deemed herself 'the Queen of change.'

However once George died, she rather neglected her people.

The rules did not return to how they had been in the beginning, however the Queen did not protest for more change. Her attitudes towards Omega's fell to one of neglect. In private, she addressed them as nuisances, though in public, she didn't address them at all. Change stoped in the domain of Omega's rights, and there were still things that Omega's could not do. Own property, own pets, smoke, date another Omega, or even leave the kingdom without the company of an Alpha or Beta.

Despite the Queen's promise to fight earlier on in her rein, she had betrayed her people in a way. As a result, they had rather lost respect for her, however not enough to cause a rebellion. The people grieved along with her over the horrible loss of her Omega consort, as they all adored George.

Luckily, they still had hope for their future King, leading John to harbour a great desire to reassure the people of Aquitaine that their future would not be one of suffering.

The room they were in at that time was warm and stuffy, and John could smell Paul's scent. He was definitely nervous, and even just by the shattered look in his Omega's eyes, John could tell that Paul was a few blinks away from passing out on the desk.

"Once the two of you are married, will we be expecting any children? A heir to the throne...?" Another press member asked, a man. He grinned as he asked the question, as if asking such a question to the two of them was not an invasion of privacy. John and Paul hadn't even known eachother for 24 hours, yet.

But John tried not to show his anger, keeping his mouth shut so that he did not visibly grit his teeth.

"Next question." Almost as soon as he had said it, another reporter spoke up.