Chapter 22

Skye's POV

The girl named Iseul, tightly hugged Jungkook for a full minute. And yes, I counted down the seconds. Jungkook just looked shook and awkwardly hugged her back.

When she finally let go, she took a look at me with confusion painted on her face.

"Uh... hi? Do you know, Jungkook?" She asked me then put her hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, she knows me." He carefully removed her hand from his and stood next to me. He continued, then put his arm around me, "Her name's Skye, and we're on a date."

"Hi?" I waved awkwardly. She just looked at me and smiled. I have a feeling that she was faking her smile.

"Oh, I didn't know you guys were on a date. You guys just didn't look like a couple to me, my bad." She laughed lightly. "How come you didn't tell me that you've met someone new?" She asked, eyeing Jungkook's arm around me.

"Don't you remember? We haven't talked in months, and you were the one who suddenly ignored me." He shrugged.

"I didn't mean to do that. I just got busy with School and everything." She pouted and reached for his other hand that wasn't around my shoulder. "We should catch up some time, yeah?" She said, swinging his hand that she was holding. She didn't even let him answer and continued, "Oh my gosh! We have so much to catch up on! I can give you my new number. Where's your phone?"

I don't know if this girl is purposely ignoring me but, flirting with someone and being touchy feely with him knowing he's on a date is a bit rude. She doesn't even acknowledge my presence.

"Iseul, maybe we should talk some other time. Skye and I need to ride the roller coaster in a few minutes, I'm sorry." He slowly pulled his hand away from her grasp and I didn't miss the frown on her face after he had done that.

She nodded, "Okay fine, I'll see you tonight, then?"

"Well, we're going to be together all day. I'm not sure we can catch up tonight. I guess I'll see you whenever." He said, then when the line moved up he turned us around and didn't look back at the girl. She finally left us alone when she noticed Jungkook didn't want to talk to her anymore.

Jungkook still had his arm around me and when I looked at him, his jaw was clenched.

Well that was hot.

I wanted to ask him about her, but upon observing his demeanor, I chose not to. After a few minutes of silence while waiting in line, we were finally riding the roller coaster. I squealed quietly as we both sat. I noticed him looking at me with his bunny smile.

"You're so cute when you're excited." He remarked while imitating a baby's voice and pinching my cheeks.

I don't want to be the only one who always gets flustered. I want to make him blush as well. I thought for a second then just decided to copy him.

"You're cute too when you smile," I stated as I pinched his cheeks.

"Really?" He retracted his hand from my cheeks and covered both of his ears with it.

Awww, he looks shy. Mission accomplished!

I nodded, then the roller coaster finally started to move slowly. I drew my hands back from his face then tightly gripped my safety belt. Even though I wanted to ride this, I'm a little nervous since it's huge and it goes so fast. I felt Jungkook nudging me with his left hand.

"What is it?" I looked at him. "Hold my hand when it gets too scary." He uttered when we were almost at the peak. I gulped as we were only inches away from the drop down.

"You ready?" He asked.

No.

I was freaking out a little bit so to ease my nerves, I gripped Jungkook's hand tightly, and I immediately regretted my decision to ride this roller coaster.

Everyone began to scream at the same time. When the roller coaster speeded downhill with its fast acceleration, I was caught off guard and unprepared. I heard Jungkook call my name but I was too scared to reply. The wind was harshly slapping my face and I couldn't open my eyes.

"Skye! Open your eyes!" I heard Jungkook yell.

"I can't! It's too fast!" I yelled back.

"You'll miss the fun, babe! C'mon, just open your eyes!" I felt Jungkook gripped my hand tightly.

I eventually decided to quit being a coward and opened my eyes. I was enjoying myself without even recognizing it. I began to cheer, and Jungkook joined in. "Told you it would be fun!" He shouted. I nodded enthusiastically and enjoyed the rest of the thrilling ride.

After that, we rode again and continued to enjoy the different theme zones that Everland has. It was such a fun time. This is without a doubt the best date I've ever had. I guess now I believe in the saying that third time's a charm.

It was almost 10 pm when he took me home. When we arrived at the front door of my house, he took both of my hands and gently caressed it.

He leaned closer to where I was standing and asked softly. "Did I succeed in giving you an adventurous date?"

I thought for a second. "Maybe?" I replied jokingly.

"Maybe? So, I guess I'll have to do better next time." He smirked.

"Next time, eh?" I asked, grinning.

"Yeah, just let me know when you're free again." He mumbled softly.

We were standing too close to one other when my front door suddenly opened, revealing a figure standing with crossed arms.