Chapter 4

What the hell was that?

My heart was pounding quickly as I looked into his eyes.

I never really noticed but he has mesmerizing eyes when you look at it at such a close proximity.

Why does it look like as if he's looking into my soul?

Shit. I should pull away now.

"It's just ice cream, chill." I turned away with a heated face.

"Do you remember when you got sick last week because you ate ice cream right after you woke up?" He sassed and lifted one of his eyebrows.

"Nope! I don't recall." and I continued to grab the ice cream but he grabbed it first and hid it behind his back.

"Seriously?" with a blank face I tried to steal it but unfortunately, he was too fast for me.

"Nuh uh, you ain't getting this missy. Just wait for like an hour to eat this, okay?" He said then went downstairs to put the deliciousness and goodness away from me.

Sigh

I flopped down onto my bed as I remember what just happened.

Did we really just stare at each other like that?

I shook my head aggressively as I tried to forget his stupid sparkling eyes.

Forget it already, Skye! He's your freaking best friend! You can't keep getting mesmerized with his eyes!

I said to myself over and over again.

"Honey?"

I heard lightly outside of my room.

"Yeah, mom?" I answered still laying down with my eyes closed.

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah sure, the door's open mom." I opened my eyes as she opened it slowly and looked at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Your father and I are going on a business trip for a whole month, sweetie." She said softly and caressed my hair.

"What? That long?" I exclaimed

"I know and I'm sorry sweetie, but something came up and we need to resolve it quickly."

"For a whole month?"

"Yes, things like this take time honey."

"So what? I'm gonna have to live here alone for a while?"

I mean I don't mind that idea but...

"Oh goodness, no! You're still a child and you need someone to babysit you."

Great.

"Mom, I'm seventeen! I don't need a babysitter, okay?"

"No, the last time we left you here for two days you almost burned the house down. So, I'm not going to take any chances for not only your safety, but also for our neighbors, got it?"

She said with her arms crossed above her chest.

"Then who's going to be my babysitter?" I asked as I winced at the thought of having a babysitter.

"It's your cousin, Jin"

She smiled and left.