Chapter 14

Skye's POV

When lunch was over, I tried my best to avoid Jimin though it was hard since he and I had two classes left together, so I went to seat with Taehyung instead.

When the final bell rang, he waited for me outside the gates and took my backpack to carry it himself.

"It's alright I got it." I said trying to get my backpack back.

"Nope. Let me carry it, and please stop avoiding me." He begins to look at me with seriousness in his eyes. "Look Skye, I want to apologize if I made you uncomfortable earlier at lunch. I didn't mean to. I was just joking around. Please forgive me." He pouted cutely.

Damn him. 

He's too cute, I can't resist.

Though I wanted to say it was okay and forgive him, why not try to get back at him and have fun?

"Fine, if you want to carry my backpack it's up to you." I continued to walk home, with him silently walking beside me.

He tried to make little jokes to make me laugh but I wasn't going to break, 'least that's what I thought.

"Hey, do you know what they call a train carrying bubblegum?" He asked while we passed by a candy store.

"A chew-chew train." He joked.

I bit my lip fighting my hardest not to smile.

"What do you call a fake noodle?" He asked again.

I stared at him.

"Impasta!" He said with a cheeky smile.

I took a deep breath.

"C'mon kitten, I know you want to laugh." He teases.

"Don't fight the feeling." He sang in the tune of the song can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake while dancing.

Some people looked at him, but he didn't care.

I just cannot with this guy.

He's so dorky, but in a good way.

"Oh look! It's the bakery you used to go to with Namjoon." He stopped dancing and pointed towards the bakery shop in front of us.

"Oh yeah, it's been a while since I came here." I smelled the delicious pastries and coffee that I was used to smelling whenever Joonie and I come here to eat and relax.

"Do you want to go inside?" He asked already pulling my wrist to the entrance.

Not like I have a choice, since you're already pulling me in.

"Sure, why not?" I said sarcastically.

Once we got inside, the smell of the delicious pastries invaded my nose which made me hungry for their cinnamon rolls. Oh, how I miss eating here.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked while finding a good place to sit.

"It's okay, I'll get it." I walked towards the display of the most amazing and tasty pastries I've ever laid my eyes on.

"No, let me make it up to you. I saw you eyeing those cinnamon rolls over there, how many do you want?" He asked getting his wallet from his right pocket.

"All of it." I said with a straight face.

He dropped his jaw. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I really want to eat all of it. Can you buy it?" I taunted.

He laughs sheepishly. "Come on, you're not serious. I know you aren't."

I looked at him blankly then walked away to find us a table. I heard him call my name but I ignored it as I found a good place to sit.

Before I got the chance to sit, I heard someone call my name.

"Skye?" The person asked.

I turned around to find the person who was calling for me and when I saw him, I started to remember my dream again.

"Jimin, I can explain-" Jungkook tries to talk but Jimin wasn't letting him.

"I don't want to hear your stupid lies! I trusted you! I can't believe you would do this to me!" Jimin cried.

Wait a second, I'm confused.

What is happening?

I looked at Jimin and Jungkook and saw them hugging now.

WHAT?

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll never lie to you again." Jungkook held Jimin's cheeks slowly leaning in to kiss him.

I dropped my jaw.

"What are you guys doing?!" I exclaimed as I try to make sense of what's happening.

"What does it look like? We're about to kiss duh." Jimin replied with sass then rolled his eyes.

"Skye! It is you. How are you?" Jungkook asked and walked towards my table, shaking my dream out of my thoughts.

"Hey, ah... I'm good. You?" I answered awkwardly.

"I'm fine." He replied. "Do you mind if I take a seat?" He asked while holding the chair in front of me.

"No, go ahead." As we both took a seat, I gave a polite smile.

He thanked me and asked what I like to eat at this place.

"Well, back then I really liked eating cinnamon rolls and sometimes lemon bars. You?" I answered.

"Back then? When was the last time you ate here?" He asked.

"I usually go here with my brother, but ever since he left I never really came back. I think the last time I went here was a year ago." I reminisced the time where Namjoon would always ask me to eat here with him and talk about anything.

"Oh. Where did he go?"

"To the States. He's studying at Stanford University there."

"Woah, daebak." He replied looking stunned.

"I know. He's really smart, hardworking, funny and kind, he's actually close to being perfect to be honest. But there is this one thing though."

"Which is?" Jungkook tilted his head.

"He destroys things. Like literally, destroys them. He doesn't do it intentionally but it happens. One time, he bought this really cool sunglasses and when he tried to wear it, it just broke. Can you believe that?" I laughed as I remember Joonie's shocked face while holding the broken sunglasses.

He laughed along with me and nodded his head.

After our laughter died down I asked him what he likes to eat here.

"I tried their chocolate muffin yesterday and it was the bomb. You should try it." He smiled with his bunny teeth showing.

Why is he so cute?

"Sure, maybe I'll order it-" I was cut off by Jimin placing a tray on our table.

"Here's five cinnamon rolls and a cappucino. Now, can you forgive me?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin? Oh, you're here too?" Jungkook asked while Jimin nodded and took a seat next to me.

When I smelled the sweet and wonderful cinnamon pastries right in front of me, I ignored the two. I could hear them chatting about something, but I couldn't understand what they were saying because I had started eating.

"Are you sure you guys are not dating? 'cause if you aren't, I'd like to asked you out sometime, if that's okay with you?" Jungkook asked, placing his hand on my left hand, which was resting on the table.

My eyes widened as I started to feel his thumb rubbing the top of my hand.

"What?" I asked, puzzled, as I continued to chew.

Did I hear him right? 

He wants to ask me out?