Chapter 16

Skye's POV

When Jimin left our house, I took a quick bath and put on my pajamas.

Ding.

Huh? 

I grabbed my phone and saw a text message from Jungkook.

- Text Convo -

Bunny: Good evening, Skye. I hope you had a great dinner :)

Me: Thanks, you too! :)

Bunny: How's your day been?

Me: Good. You?

Bunny: It's great, especially since I saw you earlier ;)

I blushed and squealed.

Play it cool, Skye. Don't be too easy.

Me: Oh okay.

Was that too cold? I hope I didn't ruin the mood.

Bunny: Can I call you? 

I gulped.

Why does he want to call me all of a sudden?

Bunny: But if you're doing something atm I can call another time :)

I thought for a moment. 

Eh, why not?

Me: Sure.

Not a minute later my phone started ringing.

- Phone Call Convo -

I cleared my throat and answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, I'm not bothering you am I?" Jungkook asked.

"Nope, not at all. Not to sound mean or anything but, why did you want to call me all of a sudden?" I asked nervously.

"I guess I just wanted to hear your voice." He answered softly.

I bit my lip and sat on top of my bed.

He's making me feel too many butterflies in my freaking stomach.

"Oh hahaha, I don't know how to respond to that." I replied.

Why am I so awkward?

"You don't have to. I just wanted to let you know." I can feel him smiling through the other line.

"Oh ahmm okay, sooo... what do you want to talk about?" I asked starting up a conversation to lessen the awkwardness I'm feeling.

"Well, I'd rather talk to you in person and get to know you, but I guess we can talk about anything you want." He responded.

"Hmmm, what did you have for dinner?" I mentally facepalmed myself. 

Seriously, that's going to be your ice breaker? Geez

Nonetheless, he still answered with glee. "Tonkatsu and for dessert, those sweet chocolate muffins I told you earlier."

"Are those chocolate muffins your favorite dessert now?" I giggled.

"I suppose one of them," he replied, "but I don't think that muffins are the only sweet stuff."

"Hmmm.. what else could be sweet then?"

"I'll assume you'll figure it out as we get to know each other." He chuckled.

I bit my lower lip as I tried to come up with a response.

"We'll see. I guess the only thing I know about you right now is that, you really like those muffins, how many times have you actually eaten by the way, considering you just moved here last week?"

"I didn't count them but I just started eating them yesterday, and a lot of them, It was too delicious" he laughed, "my aunt owns the bakery shop we were at earlier by the way."

"Really? That's so cool. When you buy there, I guess you get discounts?" I asked.

"Pretty much. If we go there together,  maybe you can also get a discount."

Smooth.

"Maybe." I giggled.

"So, do you have like, an ideal date?" He asked.

"Well, to be completely honest with you, I've only been in two dates before. But, I think if I wanted to go on a date again, I'd want to go somewhere lively. Do something fun and adventurous." 

"Really? I thought you'd want to go to like, on a romantic dinner and eat at your favorite restaurant or something..."

"Don't get me wrong,  I mean that is romantic, but I think romantic dinners are a little overrated." I responded.

"Huh. Well, at least now I have an idea how to ask you out." He said.

Okay woah, hold up. Stop attacking my cheeks, they're getting too red right now mister!

He's way too good at this. First the random wink that night, then squeezing and holding my hand earlier, and now this. 

I'm curious as to how many times he's asked girls out.

Should I ask? Or is that too rude?

"Hey, I'm sorry to cut our conversation short, but my mom just called for me to help her with something."

"Oh no, it's okay. Go ahead." I assured him.

"All right, Skye," he said, "I'll talk to you later, hopefully in person next time."

"Hopefully." 

We said our goodbyes, and I made a mental note to ask him the question I was afraid to ask earlier.

I mean there's nothing wrong with being cautious, right?

Ding.

My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed I had received a text message.

- Text Convo -

Bunny: Good night, Skye. Sweet dreams ;)

He has a thing with winking, I see. And even though it's just an emoji, my blushed cheeks just can't seem to go away.

Me: Goodnight Jungkook :)

After I replied, I put my phone on top of my nightstand and fell asleep.