060; stop being a dad

third person.

"this restaurant is a little fancy." corbyn mumbled, staring down at the menu as the three of them looked to the boy, "what?"

"your menu is upside down." max said.

"oh." he raised his eyebrows, quickly turning it the correct way round before nodding and smiling, "now i can read it."

"i'll just have a side of fries or something." mollie shrugged, bringing her knees up to her chest as max stared at her.

"sit properly in your-"

"max, stop being a dad." astrid interrupted him, not even needing to glance his way as he rolled his eyes, receiving the middle finger from his sister before she smiled.

"have more than just a side of fries." corbyn looked to her, "get a side of garlic bread too so i can steal some."

"okay and a side of a garlic bread." she nodded as she folded her arms, "i'm not that hungry, i'm more focused on the actual talk."

"oh right." max said as he placed down his menu, looking over to astrid before they both turned to mollie and corbyn, "we are engaged."

"called it." mollie looked to corbyn as they both nodded and smiled, folding their arms and looking back at the couple who had confused expressions on their faces, "i saw the ring."

"i don't wear the.. when?" astrid asked.

"when i had to babysit in la," mollie told them, "i saw it and i assumed."

"you sucked at babysitting by the way." max mentioned as he took a sip of his drink, "i wanted iris in her bed not on the couch."

"hey, she was asleep." mollie glared at him, "and i fed her."

"it was half down your shirt." he argued.

"she was still fed." mollie shook her head, "you're lucky i even agreed to babysit her. she may not have been in her bed but she was asleep and not hungry, that's all i care about."

"can i get some credit too?" corbyn asked them both, "i was in a cast and made sure mollie didn't hurt her."

"i wouldn't hurt a baby." mollie rolled her eyes, watching both her boyfriend and brother raise their eyebrows before turning to the waitress walking over to their table, "you two have no faith in me."

"i knew you wouldn't mollie." astrid laughed slightly.

"thank you." she sighed with slight relief.

after the waitress took all of their orders and took their menus away with them, the four of them were sat in a small silence while mollie and corbyn were looking around the restaurant, both simultaneously judging other people before glancing to each and shaking their heads.

"people are so loud." mollie mumbled as corbyn nodded in agreement.

"stressing me out a little." corbyn shrugged.

"you two are the worst to be in a restaurant with." max looked at them both in slight disgust, watching them both laugh slightly as they folded their arms, "stop complaining."