002; i had a weird feeling

third person.

a couple days soon went by and harper's arrival to virginia was closer than expected, the girl had already landed and corbyn wasted no time in picking her up from the airport and driving her back to his family's household where she'd spend the next week or so.

"can you run me over the plans for the week again?" harper asked, glancing over to the boy in the drivers seat as he nodded, "just so i can prepare for anyone else you want me to meet."

"you say that like they're going to be scary," he laughed.

"well you keep talking about all these friends you have it makes me think you have half the town in your friend group," she shrugged, a smile on her face as the boy looked towards her.

"okay well, right now you're meeting my family," he began explaining, watching harper continuously nod at him, "tomorrow it's the friend group, saturday we have a party we're going to which will also be with the friend group and the other four days are up to us to decide what we do with it."

"sounds good," harper said, "alright, and how many people are in your friend group?"

"four other girls," he replied, "nicole, olivia, charlie and cara."

"and they're the girlfriends of the guys?"

"yup," corbyn nodded, pulling into the driveway of his house as harper returned the nod.

as corbyn turned off the engine to his car and retrieved his girlfriend's belongings from the trunk, the couple made their way inside the house to almost immediately be greeted by saskia, who had a small smile on her face.

"hi mom," corbyn smiled, "this is uh, harper."

"well it's nice to finally meet you," saskia said as she pulled her into a quick hug before jordan and ashley both came down the stairs.

"it's nice to meet you too, corbyn talks about you a lot," harper replied as she smiled, "all good things of course."

"bless his heart," saskia said, glancing over at corbyn, his smile already faint and a frown now appearing while he stared at the floor, "corbyn?"

"hm?" he looked up from where his gaze was, "sorry i had a weird feeling."

"okay.."

"anyway uh, harper this is jordan and ashley, my brother and sister," corbyn said, guiding the girl over to the two of them as jordan gave her a smile while ashley looked her up and own.

"i've also heard good things about you both" she said, giving them both a smile as ashley nodded.

"that's weird, he's never mentioned you," ashley mumbled in response, glancing over at corbyn before she walked past them and over towards the kitchen.

"what does she-"

"anyway we'll just take harper's things up to my room," corbyn told the group, picking up her luggage and carrying it up the stairs for her as harper followed behind.

"i can see the genes run in the family," harper mentioned, glancing around the boys room and he looked at her and nodded, "your sister is really pretty."

"she has her moments," he joked, smiling slightly before placing her luggage up against a wall in his room, "do you care what side of the bed you sleep on or..?"

"no i don't mind," she shook her head before taking a seat on it, "i can sleep whatever side."

"cool," corbyn nodded, falling down beside her before he let out a sigh, "i thought you'd be nervous to meet them."

"well you always talk about your mom so i got the impression that she wasn't scary or intimidating," she said, looking down at where he was resting his head with his hands behind them, "and your siblings seem to be just how you act so.. it wasn't too bad."

"but were you nervous?"

"a little," harper laughed slightly, "but they seem nice so it's okay."

"good," corbyn smiled, grabbing onto her waist and pulling her closer to him, "we could always have a date night this week, we don't have many of them."

"this is your town not mine," she held her hands up, "you'll have to pick a date idea because i don't know what's here."

"there's a hell of a lot of restaurants," corbyn told her, "there's this really like mexican one."

"i do love mexican food." harper said, nodding.

"i know you do," he smiled, "there's also crazy golf, bowling, anything really."

"why don't we do crazy golf and then go to that mexican restaurant afterwards?" she suggested, running her fingers through the boy's hair while he nodded.

"fine by me," corbyn said, "you should be aware that i am pro at golf."

"oh really?" harper raised her eyebrows before she let out a small laugh, "i highly doubt that."

"i am, i'm so good."

before harper was able to reply to the boy's bold statement about his ability to golf, a knock was at his bedroom door before ashley walked into the room and took a seat at his desk, giving them both a smile.

"just thought i'd come talk," she shrugged, "get to know your girlfriend a little."

"go for it," corbyn nodded.

"how long have you been together again?" ashley asked.

"almost three months i think," harper told her, "yeah, three months in about two weeks."

"oh," ashley said, "that's surprising i only found out who you were about two weeks ago."

"ashley," corbyn looked at her.

"but maybe he just forgot to mention it." she continued, watching harper laugh awkwardly before scratching the back of her neck, "are you meeting the friend group this week?"

"tomorrow, yeah." harper replied.

"i hope that goes well," she smiled, "i hope they all like you."

"they will." corbyn said, "ashley's just trying to be annoying."

"they're real close." she shrugged, "wouldn't want harper to feel left out."

"i'm sure they'll make her feel welcomed." corbyn argued, shooting a glare at his sister before nodding his head towards the door.

"let's hope they find her interesting and fun." ashley looked over at him before she stood up, turning her voice down into a mumble while she left, "because i don't."

once the girl left the room, corbyn shook his head and sighed before turning to face his girlfriend, "i'm sorry i don't know why she-"

"she's nice," harper smiled as corbyn paused, "i like her."

"yeah," he nodded, placing a kiss on her cheek before grabbing his phone, "that's good, she's usually quite friendly."

a/n

so so she met the fam 😏

how do we think the meeting friend group is gonna go 😦