086; please look after her

third person.

"i think we're all set," corbyn said as mollie came down the stairs with one last box, the boy glancing over to max as he watched his sister walk past them and over to the car, "...max."

"please look after her." max turned to the boy, a few tears in his eyes with his eyes shoved into his pockets.

"i will," corbyn gave him a nod, seeing the not-so-convinced look on the guy's face as he let out a nervous laugh, "it's okay, i'll make sure she's okay."

"he's going to lecture you now," astrid told corbyn with a small smile, "you're getting that talk you never got when you first started dating."

"i don't want that talk it's been long enough." corbyn shook his head, "max honestly she-"

"i know your intentions and clearly i like you enough to let her live with you," max held his hand out while corbyn suddenly looked slightly intimidated, "you see my car over there?"

"..i do, yes." corbyn mumbled.

"if you ever hurt her or she comes to me crying because of you," max began as he took a small step forward, "i'm going to hit you with it."

"okay," he quickly nodded, taking a step back with a small smile, "i'll take note of that."

"make sure she knows her worth." max sighed, stepping back over to astrid as mollie walked down the driveway back to the front door, "la is going to try ruin her."

"max." corbyn looked at him.

"i don't want her to be teared down by-"

"max," he repeated with raised eyebrows as the guy looked to corbyn, "she's safe with me."

"you promise that?"

"i promise she's safe with me." corbyn smiled, putting his arm around mollie, "mollie will be just fine."

with a hesitant look on max's face, he let out a sigh before glancing to saskia's car after she demanded on coming with them to la to help the couple settle in. and with a slight forced smile appearing on his face, he reluctantly nodded before looking back at them both.

"cool," mollie said as she grabbed corbyn's hand and pulled him down the driveway, "then let's-"

"i want a hug." max interrupted her as she immediately stopped a few feet away from him, keeping her back turned towards the guy while she let out a sigh.

"give him a hug." corbyn whispered, letting go of mollie's hand as she threw her head back before turning around to face her brother.

and upon seeing the tears on his face and an upset yet proud look on his face, he stood there with his arms open waiting for the girl to accept the hug.

she slowly stumbled over to him with her arms folded, glancing towards the ground to avoid seeing how upset he was about her decision. it was only a few steps away when she picked the pace up a little and almost jumped into the boy's arms for a tight hug.

"don't say anything sappy," mollie mumbled to him as he shook his head with his arms wrapping around her.

"just read the letter." he replied, "when you get in the car."

"okay i-"

"please be safe." he told her, holding onto the girl while she was trying to pull away, "don't make any stupid decisions."

"oh my god i won't." mollie rolled her eyes as she let go of her brother, "it's just la."

"okay, okay." max shrugged as he folded his arms, "go and be an adult."