Chapter 66: Dinner Disaster

The week before the wedding was a total blur. As more wedding gifts continued to be delivered, Mary and Bobby began transferring items over to their new home (the guest cottage). Old furniture was removed, and new furniture put in its place. Together they decided to purchase a brand new, king sized bed. The thought of sleeping on either of their childhood beds is just weird. 

As a wedding present from Bobby's parents, they were able to choose a whole new living room and bedroom set. They both were appreciative, for this generous display kindness. For the bedroom they chose a whitewashed, wood paneled bed. On the headboard and footboard, is decorative crown molding on the top. It makes the bed look rustic. The matching dresser, nightstands, and chest of drawers complete the set. This is so their style.

In the living room, they kept the "big comfy chair". After all, that's "their" spot when friends come over. They did purchase a new pale blue-grey, fabric, sofa and loveseat. The lamp stands match the whitewashed wood look in the bedroom. They updated the curtains to white, keeping with their rustic coastal style. 

They decorated with shades of color found in the ocean: turquoise, pale blues, coral, peach, creamy whites. The fireplace has also been updated. They whitewashed the brick and added a wood beam for the mantle. Once the decor, from the wedding gifts is added, what was already a beautiful house will now truly be a beautiful home.

On Thursday, two days before the wedding, Mary did several things. First, she took her engagement ring to Tiffany's to have it cleaned. When she walked up to the jewelry counter, and spoke to them about cleaning it, the sales people immediately recognized her ring. "Are you the girl marrying that sweet young man... Brown, I think is his last name?"

Mary became surprised by this recognition. Curious as to why they remember Bobby, out of the thousands of couples who pour into the store, she said "Yes. I am, and you are right. His last name is Brown... Bobby Brown." 

One sales lady looked at Mary and remarked, "Your fiancé is the sweetest man to come into our store, in a long time. And honey, he clearly loves you a great deal. He had to find the perfect ring to fit you. He wasn't looking for one he thought you might like. No, he really chose one specifically for you with love and care. He kept saying things like 'it can't be too big, because she has tiny hands' or 'I really want this ring to fit with our love'. It was the most precious thing."

Beaming a wide smile, Mary stated "Bobby is a sweetheart. I am truly thankful for him." She felt all gooey inside, hearing these ladies gush over him. He's her sweet, thoughtful, compassionate man.

Handing over her ring, they told her it shouldn't be more than ten minutes. Since she had the time, she wandered into the men's section. Maybe she would see something she could get for Bobby, as a sweet pre-wedding gift. Looking over case after case of jewelry, and trinkets, she spied the perfect thing. 

A salesman came over and helped her. "May I see the eternal circle key ring please," Mary told him. Upon further inspection, it truly is perfect. "I'd like to purchase this and have it engraved." 

The man took the key ring from her hand, and asked what she wants engraved on it. She wrote out the message "You hold the key to my heart." The salesman raved, "The external circle key ring is a fine choice, a very fine choice. And your message is precious. The engraving will take about thirty minutes."

While she waited for the engraving to be complete, she picked up her ring. Once situated on her finger again, she spun it this way and that in the light. It's never looked so sparkly, except the day he proposed. Her ring is even more special to her, not that she knew he chose it with care.