Chapter 41: Ruin

Three days, that's how long Mary has not heard from Bobby. Now, they're working on day four. She knew he needed space, which she's given him. But this is just absurd.

Reclining on the sofa, in the upstairs lounge, she knows fretting and biting her fingernails isn't helping things. Terrible habit! She's going to have to get them manicured, for sure. Watching The Young and The Restless is also not helping. Which is unfortunate because Nikki Newman, is having a fantabulous fur coat and hair day.

 The Young and The Restless... what a perfect name! She's absolutely young and very restless right now. Nikki's soft voice cannot help to calm her nerves, today. In fact what she really needs is for Nikki to use her angry, soft voice and argue with Victor. That might help! Stupid boyfriends...

Just then, Ashley walked into the room. "Hi May-May," she spoke with a chipper voice. 

Ugh! Barf me out! 

She does not want to hear a chipper voice. She wants to hear Bobby's voice!

With a voice filled with glum, she said "Hi." She sighed a huge sigh, and returned to watching Y&R. 

"Why are you so glum my chum?" asked Ash. She sight of her friend, she noticed Mary was wearing black joggers and a plum tank. She also had tons of candy wrappers strewn all around, her nails are bitten, and her hair is dull and disheveled. Oh my!

Mary scoffed. "Seriously? Why am I glum, let's see... Maybe because I haven't heard from Bobby in three... count it... three days," she related. Then she stuffed her mouth with another chocolate. The wrapper fell to the floor like her heart after the tournament.

Looking at her friend, Ash questioned "Are you for real?" Mary nodded. "That's disturbing because I saw Dutch yesterday, and Johnny is with Gemma. So, you're the only one of us that hasn't seen her man. Wow!" Ash informed her. She wondered why Mary hasn't seen Bobby.

That's it! Mary jumped off the sofa, and rushed to her room. Ash is hot on her heels. She grabbed her tote, a grey cardigan, and her car keys. "Where are you going?" inquired her friend.

Mary spoke while throwing her hair up in a quick top knot. "I'm going to get answers, from the one person I know who will give them to me."

"Bobby?" Ash asked.

Mary shook her head. "No. His mother," she stated with an angry tone. Off she went to the garage. Jumping in her Jeep, she beeped the horn bye.

She seethed, as she drove to his house. How dare he not even pick up the phone to say "Hi. I'm alive." How dare he not call her, when his friends can see their respective partners. How dare he! When she sees him, he's going to get a big piece of her mind... a big piece! 

To get her psyched for the conversation, she put on Barracuda from Heart. She drove the rest of the way listening to this song, and belting out the "You're gonna burn, burn, burn, burn it to the wick" part. Even when it got to the end, she rewound and played it again. That's just how upset she is at Robert right now.

Pulling into his driveway, she noticed the silver corvette is gone. How convenient! She parked, got out, and walked to the front door. She didn't even get a chance to ring the doorbell, cause Sara Brown opened the door. "Hi Mary. You look pretty today," sweet Sara said. 

"Sara you are too kind. Is your brother home?" she asked looking around for signs of Bobby.

Sara shook her head in the negative. "But I'll take you to Mama," she told Mary. Surprisingly, Mary was not led to the kitchen. This time she was taken to a large room, off of the kitchen. There she found Ms. Katie in all her sophisticated, casual glory.