Chapter 61: Prank Day Prelude

Senior Prank Day is on a Monday. In light of this, Dutch called a meeting of the minds. Friday he demanded each of his friends, guys and girls, skip school to decide what prank to pull. Everyone met at his house Friday morning.

"Alright, is everyone here?" Dutch asked. He looked around the room and saw Mary is missing. "Bobby where's your woman?" He sighed in frustration.

Bobby ran a hand through his hair. "Why do you assume I know where she is? Just because we're getting married doesn't mean I know her every move. I haven't talked to her this morning, but I am pretty sure she's on the way. You know she's always the last to arrive, usually." He's feeling grumpy this morning. He wanted to sleep in late, but no. Dutch just had to make them all get up early. It's not even ten o'clock!

Suddenly they heard the doorbell ring. Dutch told his friend, "Bobby go answer it. It's most likely Mary."

With a gruff expression, Bobby got up. Opening the front door, he saw it is indeed Mary. She handed him breakfast and coffee. He set them on the foyer table, then pulled her in for a hug. She could tell he's tense. His neck muscles are tight, and he's clenching his jaw. "Babe are you OK? You're all stiff and looking edgy." She rubbed his back.

He inhaled her soothing scent and leaned his head on top of hers. "I'm edgy and grumpy. I don't like being up this early. Can't you and I just skip this meeting? We can go back to your house. I can sleep, you can watch TV, and then we can make out." He think this is a good plan.

Mary giggled. "Poor Bobby. I'm sorry you're a grumpy pumpkin, but we can't skip this. We have to support Dutch. When we're finished here, we can go do all the things you mentioned. And the sooner we involve ourselves with this meeting, the sooner we can have alone time." She kissed him good morning.

"Stop making out and get in here, so we can start the meeting," Dutch hollered at them both.

Bobby groaned. "Mood killer," he mumbled. Looking at Mary, he saw her glowing smile. Not being able to help it, he kissed her again. She pulled away, took his hand (after he picked up his breakfast), and drug him into the living room.

As soon as they walked in Dutch started speaking. "Finally! Now we can get this meeting started. It has come to my attention, no one in our whole class has come up with a prank. I have various sources to confirm this. Therefore it lands us to choose one, for Monday. Let the ideas start flowing. If you have one, spit it out. Ashley is writing them down in her notebook," Dutch told the whole group. When he found out the Senior's don't have a prank, he lost his mind. How can there be a Prank Day without a prank? It's like having The Ghostbuster's without ghosts, or eggs without bacon. It just doesn't make sense.

Everyone thought for a bit, until Tommy started the idea list. "What if we snuck into the school building, and switched out all the teacher's top desk drawers? That would be funny. They may not notice it until late, and then it would be a mess switching them back again." He smiled big at his idea.

Ashley wrote it down. Then Jimmy started speaking. "What if we hired a mariachi band to follow Principal Hester and Vice Principal Shelby around for the day?" It would be hilarious. Jimmy can see it in his mind.

Gwen spoke up. "What if we took all the furniture out of the main office, and set it up in the courtyard? We could arrange it like the courtyard is the office." Jimmy squeezed her leg. He thought she has a good idea.

Dutch liked these. "These are good. Let's keep the ideas coming. Johnny, Bobby you've both been quiet. What do you have?"

"I'm eating man," Bobby huffed out. Can't he see he has food in his hand? Big dummy...