Chapter 59: Lucky and Blessed

The first part of Spring Break felt weird. Almost all of Bobby and Mary's friends were away. On Monday it was literally just the two of them. That actually proved to be beneficial, as they knocked out more wedding stuff. Tuesday, Ashley returned from her Palm Springs spa trip. She then sent her Wednesday with the couple. Late Wednesday afternoon, both Tommy and Gemma finished their college overnights. This is perfect! Now Mary will have two of her friends to accompany her on the wedding dress shopping trip.

Thursday  is the day Mary reserved to go wedding dress shopping. Since Aunt Kitty and Lori wouldn't be home until Saturday, Aunt Pitty went with her. That's actually a relief, as Aunt Kitty can get too fussy over details. On the other hand, Aunt Pitty gushes and fawns over pretty things. Aunt Pitty is the better choice to wedding dress hunt with. Ashley, Gemma, Bobby's mom, and his sister Samantha also went along with them. 

They all met at Mary's home, for breakfast. Since Samantha has never seen where Mary lives, her mind was blown when she saw the main house. "It's so huge, and... and... rich." Her mother put her in her place, and told her not to say things like that. "It's rude and bad manners," Ms. Katie told her daughter. 

Verbena fixed a buffet of breakfast foods. She made: orange glazed scones, banana bread, blueberry muffins, chocolate muffins, tropical fruit salad, sausage balls, biscuits, bacon, and grits. Everything looked and smelled delicious. Mouths watered. All the ladies thanked Verbena for cooking. They enjoyed great conversation and food.

After breakfast, they loaded into vehicles. A sleek town car carried Aunt Pitty, Mary, Ashley, and Gemma. Bobby's mother drove her navy Mercedes, carrying herself and Samantha. They wanted to be able to return to their house, after the dress hunt. Which is great for Mary. As soon as Bobby's mom gets home, he's going to go over to her house.

The dress hunting party went to Beverly Hills. There are many bridal boutiques and shops. Her perfect wedding dress had to be here. It just had to. The first stop on the hunt is Bridal Elegance. Puffy sleeves and bows may be the big trend, but Mary knew she didn't want to be trendy. She hates puffy sleeves with a red hot passion! And bows on the butt are a big no. It came as no surprise, when the sales lady directed her to a ton of dresses (with both tacky elements).  Mary said "No thank you. I'll look around myself. If I see something I like I'll let you know."

She only found one dress out of the whole store she truly liked. Mary has a shopping rule. If the store only has two (or less) things she likes, then she moves on to another store. The next stop is Parisian Bridal Atelier. Looking over rack after rack of gowns, she still saw nothing to strike her fancy.

Store after store didn't have anything like Mary envisioned. Ready to call it a day, Aunt Pitty and Ms. Katie persuaded Mary to try just one more shop. She relented and the group entered Nina Smith Couture Bridal. If all the stores before didn't have any dresses she liked, she didn't hold out hope this one would either.

 Browsing through the racks, dispirited Mary. She truly is ready to call it day. On her way walking to the another rack, closer to the back, Mary stopped in her tracks. A special rack of dresses had been set all on their own. These dresses have lace details. This is closer to the style she's going for. Flipping through all of the dresses, she saw it. Her perfect dress is here!

 It has all the things she's looking for: a full skirt, sweetheart neckline, and lace. In fact, the dress is drowning in lace. The skirt has lace embroidery and it also has sheer lace sleeves. There's a sheer lace overlay on the bust area too. This wedding dress is classy and feminine. She immediately requested to try it on.