22|

"goodnight y/n" Hoseok said ready to leave but before he could leave y/n asked, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah sure"

"That day why was the police so scared of you guys? Who are you guys? What kind of power does jungkook has?"

"That's not a question!" Hoseok laughed at her trying to ease the mood. "I-I know I'm just confused" she sighed looking down at her feet.

"I know y/n its difficult for you. Nobody explained to you anything and nobody will. We forced you for the mission because we needed your help" He held her hand to comfort her, "Jungkook was just afraid to lose someone again"

"Someone?"

"Yeah, he wasn't like this before. This world killed the sweet boy he was once. So now the person you see is only broken pieces of him filled with hatred. His father was the leader of this mafia group, he used to run all this illegal business and jungkook was his pride because he wanted his son to be just like him. But jungkook was just a child back then with dreams but his father shattered him by killing his mother"

"After that day, his father used to bring him to his missions, murdering people and jungkook used to witness everything in front of his eyes. That's how he grew up, promising for revenge. Revenge to kill his father just the way Mr Jeon killed his mother. After his death, jungkook thought he could change his life but all sins committed by his father were passed onto him"

"He never dreamt of becoming a mafia but being a mafia is what protecting him till now from his enemies. He can never run away from it. He needed to be powerful so that everyone could fear him. The police can never arrest us because that's the power of jungkook. He was happy being in this business because he had his brothers by his side. We were with him since the beginning and promised to stay till our last breath"

"But Mr Hyeong decided to take his revenge by killing one of our members. His death was the last straw of his sanity. Jungkook was just thirsty for revenge that he even decided to hurt innocents. The day he started to hurt innocent people for his own benefit I knew we lost the boy he was once. The boy who cried seeing blood now enjoyed killing"

"I-I'm sorry" Y/n replied wiping her tears.

"Don't be sorry. It's our fault, we supported him. We never stopped him thinking that revenge is what we need. But maybe during this we have just lost ourselves. Killing is just a part of ourselves. We created monsters that everyone could fear" Hoseok replied with a sad smile looking at the sky covered in darkness just like their life. 

"I don't think you guys are monsters. I saw how you cried seeing jungkook in pain. You guys care for each other. Why do you keep hiding yourself? Why pretend to be strong when you are hurting inside? I wish you could share your pain" Y/n replied with a smile looking at hoseok who was just silently listening to her. Is this the light to their darkness?

"Can you bring back the boy jungkook was before? I know he cares for you. He wouldn't risk himself for someone for no reason. Please y/n only you can help him" Hoseok said holding her hand like his life depends on it.

"M-me?" "How could I?" 

"Why not? If anyone could do it is only you. Promise me you will help him. Think of this like returning the favour for saving you"

"O-Okay"

"T-thank you y/n. I cannot help you to return to your family but I can promise you a new life with us, new memories. I promise to always protect you" Hoseok replied smiling at her. Y/n smiled at him.

"Go to sleep now, goodnight" Hoseok said patting her head.

"Goodnight" She looked at his back leaving the room and when the door closed her smile faded away. 

"Is this the life I want? Is this my destiny?"

****************

Was this chapter sad? I'm not good at expressing sad theories but I tried. 

Are you still reading it? Then don't forget to hit the vote button and comment your thoughts! I love reading it.