chapter 18

Zayn's P.O.V

    Liam was in the kitchen, I can smell the food that's coming from the kitchen. As much as my tummy wants food my brain overpowers it. I can eat an apple when I get home or something, the bacon that he is cooking I'm sure is filled with fat and grease and tons of calories. I cringe just thinking about it. I will always be jealous of Liam's ability to eat whatever he wants and gain nothing. My father always punished me for snacking or scarfing down food quickly. But I have came to realize he was only trying to help me, I don't eat after 8:00, well I rarely eat all. Liam joins my side in his living room with two plates full of steaming food. Biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, everything fatty. I gulp taking a plate which feels heavy in my hands. We take a seat on his plush sofa. I drag my fork aimlessly through the food staying silent.
I look over at liam who lounges on the couch slouching while scarfing large amounts of food into his mouth. His eyes fixate on my own and he frowns looking at my own plate which hasn't been touched yet. He swallows.
   "Are you going to eat?" He asks gesturing to my plate that sits on my small lap. I shrug biting my lip. He frowns even more this time setting his fork down.
  "I'm just not really hungry Liam" I mumble refusing to make eye contact.
  "Bullshit" he says clearly making me drop my own fork and look at him.
   "What?" I whisper furrowing my eyebrows.
   "Zayn this isn't healthy, frankly I'm worried about you" he tells me his stray hand rubbing my back for comfort.
   "I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about Liam, maybe I should go." I stutter grabbing my plate and standing up to go put it in the sink. Liam's fingers wrap around my wrist tightly jerking me back to him. I drop the plate. Food scatters along with glass. I curse under my breath and yank my arm from Liam's grasp. I can't help but want to cry. I squat down desperately trying to pick up the pieces my hands getting covered in gravy and other food in the process.
"Shit" I murmur under my breath as I slit my hand open on a stray piece.
  "Goddammit babe" Liam curses. His hands go under my armpits and he pulls me onto my feet. Liam turns me around so I face him. His large rough hand grabs my own small one and turns it over to examine the cut.
  "I don't want you to get hurt anymore , I'm sorry I am just worried about you."I don't look at him as he says this.
   I can tell Liam is trying to make this personal and talk to me about my eating disorder and cutting but really I don't want to talk about it at all, everything i do is for my benefit.
  Liam tugs me to what I assume is a bathroom. He flicks the light on and my assumption is correct. As carefully as possible he picks me up and sets me on a marble counter that probably costs more then everything I own put together.
   "I used to be a nurse when I  started out in L.A" Liam confesses looking through his bottom counters and fishing out a simple medical kit. I can't imagine Liam being a nurse. It's a complicated thing to imagine really, especially him in scrubs I mean come on.
  "I know hard to believe" he laughs grabbing my hand,  running his thumb over the blood. I cringe. Liam takes my wounded hand and runs it under the stream of water coming from the faucet. It stings but I'm used to this. When I clean up my cuts it feels the same.
  "I really don't mean to make you upset Zayn..I just don't do relationships well" he sighs dabbing at my cut with some swab.
  "What do you mean?" I ask, my feet are kicking a bit and I want to move.
  "I mean exactly what I said, I don't do relationships well, actually I don't really do relationships. Zayn you have been the only exception in my love life" he says finally putting a bandage around my hand. I jump of the counter immediately after its secure and wrap my arms around his waist, snuggling my face into his chest. I feel Liam relax from his tense form as he wraps his own arms around me.
   "This" he says while grabbing one arm and gesturing to the cuts.      "Has to stop. Because as cheesy as it fucking sounds you are the best thing that's ever happened to me, Zayn ever since I saw you at the Vineyard I have been able to feel and not just want to...for lack of better words, have sex. I like you a lot Zayn. Maybe even more then that"
   As he finishes his speech i am no longer feeling the need to cry but the need to just kiss him.
  "I just wanted someone to care" I sob into his chest. I know that Louis is a big help to me but not in a sexual or loving way. He is just a friend, and to be a messed up virgin that a billionaire now suddenly wants is just a crazy feeling.
   "Shh don't cry babe its okay. I care. I'm here."
   I snuggle farther into him.
  "Now shall we share breakfast?" He pulls away but still wraps an arm around my waist.
   "I guess" I say still uncomfortable with eating fatty foods.
   "You know what its bothering you..how bout we ditch breakfast and get a smoothie instead? All vegetables milk and fruit if you want, healthy and no fat"
  I whip my tears and nod now smiling. We are going to make this work.