𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 93: 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓘'𝓶 𝓘𝓷 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮

April 04, 1996

Josephine Junior's POV

It was my mother's birthday and my father had insisted on throwing a lavish party to celebrate her. Despite my mom's position of power, she wasn't particularly interested in gorging herself. She was humble and though could be proud and arrogant, was generally a good woman.

Much has happened in the past months. Mom and King Eire of Ireland met and introduced me to his eldest son Conor, heir to the Irish throne. However, Conor shocked everyone by treating me like some filthy swine and garbage. Again, just like all other boys, he only cared about an heir or the fact that I couldn't sleep with him. I've given up. I stand no chance of ever marrying and will die an old hag.

Ham is very similar, though to an opposite extent. My mom tried introducing suitors to calm him down and hopefully soothe the people's fear of him. This failed spectacularly. He mocked them, got drunk and humiliated them in front of the nobility, sending them fleeing.

But Ham has been busy elsewhere. He's been sneaking out at night, which the guards did not know about. He's been partying and drinking and doing whatever experimental drugs he and his boneheaded friends did. He had gotten extraordinarily good at sleeping off his highs and has disguised it as 'sleeping in because he's a teenage boy'.

He's threatened me to stay quiet about it. I feel horrible about complying with his threats, but I know that he is more than capable of hurting me, and I can't handle that. I've been so close to knocking on mom's door to tell her everything, but he's always in my head, like the little devil on my shoulder, except there is no white angel.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in!" I called out as I finished styling my hair.

I was styling it in a similar manner to how I had it on my birthday last year. Curling it at the ends but leaving most of it in its natural wavy form. I had been told that it was one of my more regal styles and that I looked beautiful like this.

Too bad not a single boy can look past my disability.

I was also wearing a similar dress.

Lord Maxwell and Lord Trondehim entered my room as I rolled around.

"Ah, Lords Maxwell and Trondehim, what may I do for you?"

"Ahem," Trondehim stared coldly, "It's Trondheim your highness, I'm surprised you are knowing of that yet-"

"Aaanyway, your highness, your mother is requesting that you head downstairs as the ball is about to commence," Maxwell interrupted the older, snappier noble.

"Mm, yes of course, Maxwell, could you assist me in putting my shoe on?" I said, pointing to the white slip on shoe that was nearby.

"Ah of course your highness,"

He picked it up and delicately slid it over my foot. I felt like Cinderella, just like everyday when somebody needed to put my shoes on because it's not like I can do it myself.

Once he stood up and stepped aside I gripped the wheels of my chair and rolled out of my room and down the hallway.

"Your highness! Slow down!" Maxwell cried out.

"Sorry milord but I have places to go, and I have to go fast!" I jokingly replied as I zoomed around a corner.

Hey, if I'm disabled I might as well have fun right? I approached the stairs where a ramp had been constructed to help me travel through the palace easier. I rolled down the ramp which luckily wasn't too terribly steep.