𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 60: 𝓜𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓘𝓷𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

September 18, 1979

Cedar Lake Estate, Port Jervis, New York

How did I get here? Over nine years ago I stood in this same church, to get married. Now I was here again, marrying again, something I thought I'd never do. I never thought I'd fall in love again, especially with a former soldier.

Mattéo was incredible; kind, gentle, generous, smart. We had committed to courtship, or as he called it 'dating'. He showed me his affection and he had admitted to me early on that he had harbored a 'crush' on me since our Army days. That's why he was always so kind around me, not to get to me, because he thought that he never would, also I was married, but just to be a friend. It's why he offered me his tent at Flaherty Island, why he worked as a sort of therapist to help keep my anxiety under control.

He quickly realized why I had brought him back to the palace and he was surprised to say the least. Several of the nobles, Trondheim and Humberto specifically were a little disapproving of Mattéo at first, but those feelings of mistrust were quickly dissolved. He treated everyone with respect, with dignity, never raised his voice, he listened to everyone... and his military background helped build the idea that he would protect me and Victoria.

Speaking of Victoria, she adores Mattéo. Absolutely loves him, which is good. I don't know what I'd do if she didn't like him. I often catch the two of them in her room having tea parties or playing dress-up. It's charming, it really is.

"Your majesty, are you ready to proceed?" A guard nearby asks.

"I am,"

He nods and speaks into his handheld speaker.

"Open the doors, her majesty is ready!"

I took a deep breath as the doors opened and 'Here comes the bride' began to play. I began to gracefully walk down the aisle, where hundreds of people sat staring at me. Heads of state, such as Konrad, Emperor Sato of Japan, King Wilhelm of Hanover, King Piero of Tuscany, the only American recognized Italian monarch, and Samuel Rebelo, who was still Prime Minister of Egypt. There were also many lords and dukes and duchesses. One of whom was Princess Madison of Granada, who was formerly the duchess of Oregon. She was with her husband, Prince Alfonso and her young son Alfonso Jr. We'd maintained regular communication over the years.

My eyes met Mattéo's, and his jaw dropped. I had paid a good amount for this dress... like three- thousand dollars. It fits comfortably, but also fits my curves perfectly. He clearly liked it, though he tried to hide it. I stepped up onto the altar and the priest cleared his throat, ready to start. We both nodded at the priest, signaling we were ready to start. Our hands clasped together and I noticed how clammy Mattéo's were. We were both nervous, my heart pounding in my chest

"Dearly beloved, we meet here today to witness a sacred ceremony: the union of Mattéo and Josephine. With great reverence, we come together to celebrate the love and devotion shared by these two children of God that stand before us. We are especially blessed to be joined today by family and friends. The Groom and Bride are honored you could be here to participate in this important occasion... As the Bible reminds us in Corinthians, "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing." Over the course of their relationship, Mattéo and Josephine have developed a strong bond based on shared values and mutual respect. With a solid foundation from which to grow, they have made the decision to take the oath of marriage and spend the rest of their lives together. Let us revel in the joy and love on display here today. May we treasure these memories as Mattéo and Josephine, under the eyes of God, get set to begin their new life together,"