𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 52: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓐𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓘

Here we go brothers and sisters, memers and normies, this is quite possibly the climax of parts 2, 3, 4, and 5. This is a very important chapter for Josephine and it will profoundly affect her for the rest of her natural life. 

Are you ready? I don't think you are. 

Well, it doesn't matter, so here we go...

******************************************

July 04, 1976

New York, First American Empire

It was time for the ball to celebrate America's 200th birthday. I had been planning this for months, along with an extravaganza of celebrations for the ordinary folks. This was one of the most important days in American history and I was enthralled that I not only get to live during this period but also rule America during this time. I had sent an invitation to every world leader to join us on this joyous occasion. I knew not all of them would accept the invite but it was important that I at least tried.

My hairdresser finished tying my hair into an elegant bun. She reached over to the table and picked up the silver tiara. She delicately placed it upon my head.

"Well? What do you think your majesty?"

Her voice quivered in worry over my thoughts. I turned towards the mirror and smiled.

"It's gorgeous, you truly are an artist,"

Her smile was too big to ignore, clearly proud of her achievement. Complimenting my hair was the simple red gown I was wearing. It almost perfectly matched the color of the bouquet of red roses on the nightstand.

"Your majesty I have a question for you..."

I turned to her.

"Yes?"

"May I be dismissed... to go celebrate with my family?"

I didn't even need to think.

"Of course, you shouldn't have felt the need to ask! Please go ahead!"

She curtsied awkwardly before leaving the room. I glanced at my reflection one last time before leaving myself. I walked briskly through the palace halls, rounding the seemingly endless corners past massive paintings and brightly lit chandeliers. I passed by the portrait of my grandmother but I barely acknowledged it now. 

When I finally reached the entrance to the ballroom the Herald stopped me as usual. He bowed agilely.

"Your majesty, how may I address you tonight?"

"Her majesty Josephine of America," I replied nonchalantly.

I had been through this many, many times.