𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 46: 𝓐𝓽 𝓦𝓪𝓻'𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓭

May 02, 1974

Tukarak Island, Nunavut Territory

The rebel's last hurrah was invading Nunavut. More specifically the Sanikiluaq Islands, a territory officially governed by myself, though the native Inuits have pretty much free reign over them. They had barely managed to escape Kuujjuarapik, using two destroyers. During the eclipsing stages of the siege, we managed to capture a massive battleship that had been administered by the navy of the Maritime Republic. My army was on that battleship, chasing them down to drive the spear into the last beating heart of Quebec's rebellion. They literally had nowhere to run and they would probably fight to the death. My 1100 man army knew this would be one of the bloodiest struggles in this campaign, but it would be worth it to finally end this blasted war.

The shore was in sight and the battleship began to slow its cruising speed. Soldiers began loading their equipment and themselves into the landing craft provided.

I felt my stomach, touching it lightly. I was four months into my pregnancy, and I was just starting to show. I had to tighten my uniform to keep warm, especially keeping my little one warm. Because the soldiers knew how valuable this child was to be, they had become extremely protective over me. The entire world knew by now of my child to be and Vittorio of course was practically ordering me to stay on the sidelines. But I wasn't mad about it, this child was important to me and both our nations. He or she would be the heir presumptive to both mine and Vittorio's throne. He wanted me to be careful, and that was understandable.

Soon, the massive battleship came to a complete stop. I turned to the front landing craft and approached it.

"Any room for one more?" I asked in a joking manner.

They were not in a mood to joke. A couple of eyes fell on my ever-growing stomach.

"I don't know your majesty... what about your-"

"I'm going to stop you right there," I interrupted him, "I am not swollen enough to where I cannot fulfill my duties as a commander, and also, Valentine is being brought over, so she will be some help to me as well,"

The men grumbled amongst themselves about whether to let me on their boat or not.

"You know what I think?" A certain Mattéo Maes piped up, "This is the last battle of this campaign, our sovereign should be there with us! Not sitting on this stupid boat by herself!"

"Yeah, you'd want her to be with you eh Mattéo?" One snickered.

Mattéo's jaw dropped and his face flushed red. I couldn't blame them if they'd done the same to me.

"Come on guys don't be like that," He hissed, leading to increased confusion on my part.

The men chortled wildly before one waved me in.

"Come on in your majesty," He said, shaking his head while trying to strain his laughter.

I climbed into the boat and sat down in the front row, I quickly checked my right thigh for my handgun, which nowadays never left my side. But I always felt comfortable checking from time to time.

"Your majesty, I would hold on to your hat if I were you!" The soldier behind me exclaimed, "Alright, launch us!"

I gripped my hat with my left hand and the edge of the boat as it suddenly dropped. My stomach also dropped fast, like I was on a roller coaster. The craft hit the water and some sprayed up over the side and onto us.

It was bloody freezing! I mean, I know it's the Hudson Bay in May, but still! The craft's motor rumbled to life and it along with the others drove through the frigid waters towards the islands.