𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 79: 𝓐𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓦𝓪𝓻 𝓞𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓲𝔃𝓸𝓷

October 04, 1982

It was a boring day. A slow day of signing papers, reading documents, and whatnot. The past few months have been harmonious across America and the world.

In the department of science, however, things had been going crazy. A group of scientists and army officials were collaborating in something called the 'Chicago Project'. Their goal? Create a bomb that can split atoms. Such a device would be able to flatten a city in one go. Wars would be done with a press of a button. The project was kept under lock and key... and those locks and keys were kept under locks and keys of their own. The security on this project was phenomenal.

Also, in the Florida District, scientists were flirting with the idea of traveling to space. It was my idea of course. One night Mattéo and I were stargazing over a glass of wine and I said:

"Wouldn't it be great if we could go to space Mattéo? Explore the stars?"

"That would be an incredible sight... but what's stopping us?" Was his reply.

A day later I had signed the order setting aside over a hundred million dollars to send a satellite with a camera into space.

I was five months pregnant, and I was getting bigger and bigger by the day. Again, Mattéo and I had chosen to wait until the birth to see if it was a girl or a boy. 

Besides that, however, things were quiet. The world was at peace-

"Your majesty!"

I looked up from my desk as Lord Maxwell and Trondheim burst into the room.

"Milords, what is wrong?"

"Europe majesty... it's fallen into chaos! Revolutions, wars! It's madness!"

You just had to say it was peaceful huh Josephine? Bloody European baboons. Uncivilized bastards. 

"What exactly has happened in Europe milords?"

"What hasn't happened in Europe, your majesty quite honestly!" Maxwell exclaimed and Trondheim threw down a newspaper.

Chaos in Europe!

Today revolutions and wars have sprung up across the European continent with seemingly no advanced warning.

A French, Spanish, and Holy Roman Coalition has launched an invasion into revolutionary Italy in an attempt to end the bloodshed that has commenced there since 1976. But in a fateful alliance, the Italian revolutionaries have joined forces temporarily to expel the foreign peacekeepers from their lands in order to keep their infighting continuing. As of this morning, French troops are bogged down outside of Turin, German troops outside of Milan and Florence, and Spanish troops are besieged on the beaches of Sardinia and Sicily.

The Kingdom of Greece has also faced a Turkish invasion of the Aegean, led by Mustafar Inonu himself to drive the Greeks back from Constantinople and Izmir. The Turkish forces number over 400,000 and are steamrolling the Greek forces.

The Kingdom of Belgium is also fighting Dutch rebels who rose up last night in Amsterdam and the Hague.

Swiss rebels have risen up in the Northern Alps to forge their own state at the expense of the Holy Roman Empire. It is unknown whether this is an extension of the Italian Civil War, or its own entity.

Finally, Irish rebels have declared war on the British Republic after a massacre in a Dublin square by British soldiers yesterday.

I put the newspaper down.