𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 61: 𝓢𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼

September 18, 1979

A few hours after the wedding the palace was a buzz. The reception was fantastic with dozens upon dozens of global figures staying around to celebrate with us. 

The best part?

I didn't get shot by a guard this time! 

Both Konrad's were present and Mattéo and I promised them we'd go to Vienna for part of our honeymoon. Yes, we'd actually have a honeymoon this time. That man had refused to spend any meaningful quality time together, he only cared about getting an heir out of me. Nearly did, but it would have been a little girl...

Even if she was concieved by a monster... it still shattered my heart time and time again that another life was lost by my mistakes. I could have another daughter along with Victoria... but I wouldn't have met Mattéo again. Oh god, I find it insane how one moment can change history forever.

"What are you thinking about over there my angel?" Mattéo asked as we traversed up the stairs up to the floor with the bedrooms.

This would be the first time we'd sleep in the same bed, as the nobles had insisted upon him staying away from me at night to avoid any pre-marital mishaps.

"Just spending the rest of my life with you..." I replied to him and he grinned.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Josey,"

As we approached my bedroom-our bedroom I began to buzz. I knew what was coming and I didn't want to hesitate with Mattéo. I wasn't concerned about infidelity around him, I did not have to worry about his gallivanting or what he'd be doing out of eye and earshot.

"Welcome to my realm Mattéo!" I exclaimed as I opened the door.

I had completely transitioned one of the guest rooms to my own, as I still refused to sleep in my old one. That one was in fact boarded up and painted over to seem like just part of the palace walls. I had to admit it was just as extravagant as I had ordered it a certain way.

"Wow," Mattéo said as I turned on the light which illuminated the room from a diamond chandelier.

"What do you think?"

"I think it's beautiful but not as beautiful as you..." He looked at me.

I blushed but giggled at his rathy corny statement.

"Thank you, Imperial Highness," I said, using his newfound title.

Because he was now my husband, he was officially Emperor Consort Mattéo, but he privately conveyed to me that he hated the title.

"Ah, that will take some getting used to,"

I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He was quite a bit taller than me, but I'm not very tall, to begin with. That's my mother's genetics showing through.

"How do you want to spend tonight Mattéo?" I asked, looking right into his hazel eyes.

"What do you mean?"

He was actually clueless as to what I meant. I leaned forward and kissed his neck.

"You know what I want Mattéo..." I purred.

I could sense him freeze upon realizing it.

"I want you Mattéo,"

"Wa-wait... wait!" He frantically stammered out.

I stopped trying to seduce him, seeing he was uncomfortable. I broke our embrace and looked at him... he was scared.

"What's wrong Mattéo?"