F O U R T E E N

Entry #20

It is only ten o’clock in the morning and I already feel like I’ve had the worst day of my life. Only thirty minutes ago did I find Harry Potter’s body bloodied and bruised on the kitchen floor. He was so light weight when I picked him up. I don’t understand how. He doesn’t seem malnourished, but that doesn’t mean anything. He is rather thin, not that it matters. It's kind of worrying.

He really has a nack for trouble, doesn’t he?

Not really. I know this whole incident is my fault. I should’ve listened. I should have just left that letter in the trash, where he put it. Yet here I am. Pouring my feelings into a diary like a girl. It’s sickening.

Anyway, as my time here has grown longer, I’ve noticed how much this place reminds me of the manor. Or at least what it’s like when my father is home.

Harry hides away in his room most of the time. He screw’s something up, he’s punished. Sounds normal, but after this morning I’m not so sure. I don’t exactly remember what I did, but I had done something that pissed his uncle off. 

I remember I saw him that night with bruising around his eye. I remember him trying, and failing, to hide it with his ridiculous mop of hair (not that I’m complaining, though).

I really don't know what I should do next. He looks so helpless, so weak. I hate to admit it, but I'm worried about him. Merlin, I'm not fooling anyone, I'm really worried about him.

His cousin, Dudley, wants to meet and talk to me later tonight. I'm not stupid, I know I shouldn't trust him. But I feel like it may be of some importance to the safety of Harry. I know fully well how wrong I could be. I know that Dudley absolutely hates Harry, but I have a hunch that it may just be an act.

A hunch that he just acts this way to earn approval from his mother and father. If this is the case, I- personally- understand. I understand what is like to wish you got approval from you family and do stupid stuff just to get it.

But I don't know what he is going to talk about, what he is going to say. It is odd, though. He asked to meet after everyone was in bed. I don't know how he expects me to leave the room, it's usually locked.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I feel so incredibly stupid for agreeing to this conversation. But I don't  know what else to do, and it may help. I don't know how, but I just know it will.