T E N

Draco is alone in the house. He was left alone in the entryway of the house that has caused his summer to be much more difficult than it needed to be. This, he thought to himself, is ridiculous.

He sighed, turning around to look out at the family room. He didn't know what to do. He could go outside. But death eaters were everywhere. What would happen if one recognized him? At that point, all of this would have been for nothing.

He could read. That's what he could do to pass the time! He made his way towards the bookshelves in the family room. They had quite the collection. Draco scanned the spines of the books, reading their titles. Much like everything else, these people have absolutely no taste when it comes to literature.

He could snoop around. Explore the house a bit. He hadn't gotten the chance to see where's where and who he was really surrounded by. Sure, he had lived here for nearly a month now, but he had only truly seen the bathroom, downstairs, and the walls of Harry's room.

He could have those walls memorized. But before he looked around, he wanted to actually send his letter to Severus. He walked towards the bin, looking inside. It was empty besides the ripped up pieces of his letter.

He reached inside, quickly grabbing his letter and taking it out. He walked back over towards the table and spread out the pieces. It's just like a puzzle, he thought, just put the pieces together correctly then you can mend it.

He put each piece in its proper place, making it decently readable. Draco sighed, looking down at the parchment. Now, how could he put it back together? Turning on his heel, he made his way towards the stairs then bolted upwards. He burst into the guest bedroom (which still housed many of his belongings) and found the smallest bag he had brought.

Draco kneeled down so he could have easier access to it. He opened the zipper, rummaging through the bag. Parchment, small nick nacks and other things spilled out on the floor. He finally found it. His wand. He knew exactly the charm.

Draco stood, turning to leave. He stopped. A small picture on the nightstand had caught his attention. He walked over towards it looking into his mothers smile. But she looked different than he remembered. Her face was paler than usual, and she was terrifyingly thin.

He needed to write to her. He would soon, he was sure of it. He brought the frame to his chest, holding it close. Letting out a sigh, he placed the frame gently on the table.

He quickly made his way downstairs and towards the table. He looked around, listening. Making sure there was nobody else in the house. He pointed his wand at the scraps, thinking how he could deliver this message. He didn't have his owl with him.

But then he remembered.
Then I shall be at Master Draco's disposal.

"Oculus reparo." He muttered, then instantly regretted it. He remembered the law for underage wizardry. But he couldn't care less if he were expelled from Hogwarts. His life was already screwed up as it is.

After he rolled up the now whole piece of parchment,Draco moved away from the table and into the living room. He inhaled, hoping this would work. Hoping that he would come.

"Dobby!" Draco called out. His demand was shortly followed by a loud pop, his ears ringing obnoxiously. Draco stared down at the house elf, observing him. He was just like he remembered him. Short, with big eyes. The ringing in Draco's ears subsided.

"Yes?" Dobby said, a hint of agitation in his tone.

"I have a request. It's nothing much, very simple." Draco tried to give him a small smile, but it must have come off as a smirk because he got a scowl in return.