T H I R T Y - t h r e e

I watched with wide eyes as Xerxes looked at the phone screen

I watched with wide eyes as Xerxes looked at the phone screen. His eyes narrowed. He pressed the phone back to his ear as Ashton wrapped his arms around me. Zavier picked my hand up, intertwining our fingers.

"Declan," Xerxes said, looking at me. "Why are you calling Olivia?"

Xerxes frowned at whatever Declan said. My heart was beating too fast. Would they hurt him?

After a minute, Xerxes hung up and threw the phone on my bed. "Explain, Olivia."

I gulped. Damnit.

"He...blames me," I muttered. "For his mother's death and he hates me because Carrie left everything for me." Too much money I had not even touched. Her family had old money. "So he...calls me sometimes to remind me that it's my fault."

They looked angry.

"Don't hurt him!"

"We should," Zavier said, wiping the tears off my face. "He hurt you."

I shook my head. "Don't."

"Why did Miss Arnaud leave everything to you?"

I sighed. "I need to sit."

Ashton let hog of me and I sat down on the bed. They looked down at me.

"Declan was my first friend in Paris. He was good but Carrie never liked him, I didn't know why." I fiddled with my fingers. "A few months before Carrie died I found out about her will and that she was going to leave everything to me. She had no husband or anyone she was close to in her family still, It didn't make sense so I asked her. She told me that Declan was not a good man and that he'd not care for her properties. He has been to jail multiple times and was once almost thrown into prison because he shot someone. Carrie didn't want the media to know so no one knew."

"You slept with him two years back," Ashton said. "What was that about, little one?"

"I..." I gulped. "He said I owed him that," I whispered. "I let him do it because...I thought I owed him that...after everything."

"Oh, kitten." Zavier pulled me to his chest. "You don't owe him shit."

I felt Xerxes and Ashton's hands on me, they surrounded me, their warm bodies pressed to me. "You don't owe him anything," Ashton said.

. . .

I curled the ends of my black hair, looking at myself in the mirror.

I kept the rod down and smoothed my hands down my dress, biting my lip which was painted matte pink. I pushed the strands of my hair behind my ears, watching as the diamond earrings dangled, screaming 'money.'

They were too rich.

I stepped into my white heels, which were not going to show at all in my dress, I could wear my rabbit slippers and no one would notice. I wore thin platinum rings on my fingers and gave myself one last look in the mirror. I looked taller in this dress, which was something I was going for because they were too fucking tall.

I walked out of the closet and then out of the room. I walked down the stairs and sat down on the couch, waiting for them. I took my phone out and scrolled through my Instagram while I waited. I liked a few pictures of Alisa and Kylie, they had apparently spent the day walking around NYC. They looked happy together. A couple of liars.

I heard three doors open. Had they planned that they were going to come out of their rooms together?

I stood up and watched as they descended the staircase, dressed in the pitch-black suits I had chosen for them.

I but the inside of my cheek. Fuck.

Hair styled to perfection, expensive watches on the wrists, rings around their fingers, Creeds were perfection. Dark, deadly, powerful...

Mine.

I wasn't sure if I was breathing. Suddenly ball wasn't so appealing. I wanted them to take me right here on the couch.

Calm the hell down, Olivia. Act natural.

Their eyes were stuck to my body, eyes moving over my dress.

It was a rather simple black dress with tiny straps, a kinda keep neck which showed off the hint of cleavage I had

It was a rather simple black dress with tiny straps, a kinda keep neck which showed off the hint of cleavage I had. It had a deep back, too, but it was covered by my hair so I don't feel too exposed.

"Do we have to go?" Ashton asked, eyes moving over my hair which was covering my bare shoulders. "Come on, old man, you can have your ball next year."

I smiled, blushing. "We have to go."

"You look beautiful, kitten." Zavier kissed my cheek, I breathed in his cologne. Damn.

"Absolutely gorgeous," Xerxes muttered, taking my hand and pressing a kiss to my knuckles.

"Ravishing." Ashton winked, pressing a small kiss to my lips which did not mess my lipstick up.

"You look good too." I bit into my lip. Too hot.

They smirked.

Xerxes extended his hand towards me. "Shall we, little love?"

. . .

Thoughts?