T E N

"Harry has them," I said wearing a black beanie gently on my head to cover the bandage

"Harry has them," I said wearing a black beanie gently on my head to cover the bandage. "And apparently they have a regular checkup at the vet in some hours so I said that I could meet them when they are free."

Alisa hummed, laying down on her king-size bed. Her apartment had completely transformed. The walls had some artworks, some of mine, and some of the other artists. All were expensive. The furniture was grey, everything was sparkling and beautiful.

"So..." She trailed off.

I kept my feet on the glass table, snuggling into the soft chair of her room. The room was small but it was cozy, made up of green and grey furniture and walls. "So?" I questioned.

She smirked. "You are glowing."

"Skincare."

She rolled her eyes. "Aha. Of course." She let it go. "Your head hurts?" She asked. I shrugged, raking my phone out of my pocket.

"A little. It's nothing major."

"So..." She trailed off again.

"Hm?"

"How is Kylie?"

I smiled. "I haven't talked to her today. But I have to go shopping for four outfits so maybe you and her can tag along."

"Four outfits?"

I nodded. "I'm choosing outfits for the Creeds for Xerxes' birthday."

Alisa chuckled. "'Not going back to them' my ass."

"It's nothing serious," I mumbled.

She shook her head. "Yeah, of course, it isn't. Why would it be?"

. . .

Alisa pinned Kylie again the wall. I sighed, skimming through the millions of ties.

"You are so pretty," I heard Alisa say to Kylie.

"T-thank you." Came her reply. I frowned. Did I sound like that in front of the Creeds? God, no.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the back of Alisa's collar. "Not in public. Do you what to be on the headline of some sketchy magazine tomorrow?" She shook her head, her eyes still fixed on Kylie who was blushing wildly.

I went back to looking through the ties, maintaining my grip on the collar of Alisa's shirt to make sure she wouldn't paw on Kylie again. Alisa was not someone who did relationships and I'd be damned before she broke my leeche's heart.

"Are you done, now?" Alisa asked after I bought the ties and we walked out of the store. I nodded.

"Yes. I've got all the outfits...I just need one more thing."

She groaned. I rolled my eyes and wrapped an arm around Kylie.

"What do you what to eat, kid?" I asked.

"Chinese?" She asked.

"Then Alisa will take you to eat Chinese after we are done." I glared at the Russian. "And if she tries anything, poke an eye out, yes?"

She grinned and nodded while Alisa scoffed, muttering something in Russian under her breath.

"Why won't you have lunch with us?" Kylie asked as we entered a footwear shop. I had asked them for their sizes earlier.

"I'm having it with...someone else." I smiled awkwardly.

Her eyes narrowed suspiciously while Alisa chuckled. "Mystery card owner?" She guessed.

I nodded. "Yes, my mystery card owners."

. . .

My phone buzzed.

Unknown number - we sent a car to get you. We'll have lunch in our office.

The real reason why I never called them? I deleted their number as soon as I stepped on French soil. Those numbers felt taunting, a constant threat to my future. I loved them but for at least half a year I expected them to come and grab me. Even though half of me wanted them to, I wanted to be in Paris more. So I deleted their number because I didn't want to call them and beg them to take me back.

That would have been weird after all the crying.

Sure enough, there was a car in front of Alisa's apartment. I entered the car, smiling at the driver who I had never seen before, and leaned back into my seat, closing my eyes.

I was exhausted. I pushed myself a little too much today, convincing myself that I needed to do all the shopping today even though I didn't. This was what happened when I ate too much, I over-exerted myself till I felt faint. Alisa had Russian muscles and Kylie was a powerhouse, they didn't feel like this and their health was a lot better than mine.

I was a fucking mess.

The driver stopped in front of a familiar building. Our first fancy dinner. It had been messed up.

I got out of the car and walked inside, my black heels clicking on the ground I was wearing simple blue jeans, a black long coat, a loose white shirt which was tucked into my jeans, and black high heels with my hair parted in the middle and my glasses sitting on my nose. My fingers were decorated with platinum rings and my makeup was just a little eyeliner on the eyelids, a little glitter on the waterline, and my lips colored a little pink. I was wearing my beanie, too. I didn't want people to stare.

But it was a rather casual outfit in this building. Everyone looked so professional and so...intelligent.

Ashton was waiting for me in front of the same lift which had taken us up on that night.

He smiled at me as I approached. "You look beautiful, little one." He kissed my forehead. My cheeks head up at the public display of affection.

I looked beautiful?

Maybe he had forgotten about the scars.

But I could not.

. . .

Thoughts?

Frequent updates with 800+ words chapter or not so frequent updates with 1000+ words chapter?

New background of my phone:-

Yeah...my mom isn't a fan. Dad loves it though.