T H I R T Y - t w o

"How is it?" I asked as Xerxes took a bit of the cake I had made with a little help from Zavier

He smiled at me. "It's amazing, little love." He kissed me on the lips.

"Where are Zavier and Ashton?" I asked him because they were still not back.

"They'll be here, soon." He kissed me more and cut a piece of cake for me.

"You are hiding something," I said because I knew they didn't like to get out of bed before me.

He looked at me, his eyes calculating. "We got some information about where your father is staying."

I nodded. "Okay."

. . .

Ashton and Zavier were angry out of their minds when they came back a few hours later.

Ashton grabbed me, squeezing me like a stress ball and Zavier slammed his lips, on mine, molding them together, kissing me so thoroughly that my knees shook.

When he pulled back, I was gasping for breath.

"I love you." He pecked my lips again, Ashton pressed his lips on my jaw.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

He grinned, a full blow grin came on his face. "My precious kitten."

"Did the old man eat his cake?" Ashton asked when they finally let me go. Xerxes was in his office.

I nodded. "He liked it."

Zavier smirked. "If I teach you, maybe you'll get as good as me at baking."

"Not interested." I shook my head.

He rolled his eyes. "Your loss."

. . .

I pressed my ear to the door, listening to their conversation. I felt the cats press up to me.

"They are not there," I heard Ashton say.

"He's hiding somewhere but he's not a professional, we'll find him." Zavier.

"We have to kill him before she goes to Paris," I heard Xerxes say. "I don't want to force her to stay because of that asshole."

There was silence in the room.

"You think she's going to go?" Ashton asked.

"You think she'll stay?" Zavier asked. "I don't. She has five years of practice. She can live without us. We can fight our way through the days like we did these past years."

"You've killed too many men in the cage," I heard Xerxes say. "Both of you."

What?

"It's a deathmatch for a reason. Those fuckers knew they were going to die," Ashton shot back.

"Like you haven't killed in the cage," I heard Zavier say.

I head Xerxes sigh. "We have to get ready for the ball."

"Can't we shut the airport down for a month or so?" Zavier asked. "We can, probably."

What?

"She's not going to stay if she doesn't want to," Ashton said. "It's her choice."

"I'm not talking about taking the choice away. I just want her to stay a little longer," Zavier shot back. "And don't pretend that you don't want that, too."

"I do. Stop reminding me that she's leaving."

"Shut up," I heard Xerxes say. "Shut up."

There was silence in the office once again.

I walked away.

I had expected to hear something about what they had drunkenly said to me. About me becoming Mrs. Creed. But they were concerned over me leaving, which I...I didn't know if I wanted to do anymore.

I sat down on the bed, texting some people back, and just then he called me.

Declan Arnaud. My ex-best friend.

Trying to collect all of my bravery and sanity, which wasn't much, I attended the call.
"Declan."

"...murdered," his voice slurred. "You-you fucking murderer. You should have died in that fire. You wanted her to die, didn't you? You knew she was going to leave everything to you. You knew about her will."

Tears burned in my eyes. "I-I didn't know I-I swear."

"Shut the fuck up, you bitch." I heard a glass smash. I flinched.

I wiped the tears off my face. "I-"

"You deserve to die," he spat. "You...you fucking monster." He chuckled. "And to think mom left her whole wealth to you."

The door opened. The Creeds entered.

"Kitten, let's get rea-"

Their eyes fell on me.

Xerxes took the phone from me. "Hello?"

. . .

Thoughts?