T H R E E

"Holy hell

"Holy hell." Kylie's eyes widened at the number of people in the art gallery. "Holy fucking hell, Oli. Too many people."

She turned around, ready to walk out of the door but I was used to it so I grabbed her arm and linked it with mine.

"I'm not suffering through this alone," I said to her, smiling at a woman who was standing beside one of my sculptures.

We spent like an hour mingling, which was me casually shoving Kylie in people's. Finally, an hour later, my social capacity was full and I walked out of the gallery with a very special skill to get out of a conversation.

Just press a phone to your ear, frown and talk in a snappy voice.

It worked like a charm.

I rounded the corner and sighed in relief when I saw a cafe open. I was too addicted to coffee for my own good. 

I barged inside, ordered a black coffee, and sat down at a corner table.

I watched the road through the large window on the wall. It covered more than half of it.

This part of Brooklyn was quiet. I had lived in Brooklyn, too, but not here.

A car passed by.

A limousine.

A very familiar limousine.

I let out a shaky breath. Fuck.

It was them.

I almost lost my head when the limo turned to the right, where the gallery was.

I aggressively sipped my coffee, trying not to lose my shit as I stood up and walked out of the cafe, tying the knot of my army green trench coat tighter around me. My black high heels clicked on the sidewalk as I slowly rounded the corner and looked at the time which had stopped in front of the gallery, just peeking my head there while covering my body with the building which was at the corner.

The limousine doors opened.

My breath hitched.

They stepped out, dark suits with dark coats.

I could not see their face as it was too dark. They just walked inside the gallery and the limousine drove away.

Fuck.

Fuck.

I took my phone out with my shaking hands and called Alisa.

"Pick me the fuck up, Alisa."

"What happened, Oli? What's wrong?" Came to her panicked voice as I heard shuffling on her side. "I just got out of the shower!"

"Creeds showed up!" I hissed. "Fucking Creeds. They showed up at a public fucking place. At an exhibit which is displaying my art today." I let out a breath, feeling faint. I was too dramatic. "Pick me up. Pick me up. Pick me up. Pick me u-"

"Alright alright!" She snapped and I heard keys jingle. "You owe me!"

"Add it to the tab!" I said back and hung up.

"Fuck," I whispered. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" I felt like my heart was struggling to get out of my rib cage.

For the next fifteen minutes, till Alisa came, I barely managed to not barge into the gallery and jump into their arms.

They came.

They came, Olivia, and you never did. You left them and you never went back to them.

Half of me hoped that hated me now.

The other half of me wanted to cry.

Why did I have to fuck everything up?

I always...always ruined things.

Alisa stopped in front of me and rolled the window down of her SUV.

"Get in."

I didn't need to be told twice. I got inside as if the side was lava and closed the door. I opened the window of my door and sighed, settling back comfortably in my seat.

As we passed by the art gallery, my eyes fell upon them.

Even though it was dark and I could not see their faces, I knew they were looking at me.

I closed the window so fast I almost lost a hand.

"Holy fuck."

"What the fuck? Those were the Creeds?" Alisa demanded. "Man, I really wanna see them. I'm expecting them to have full body tattooed, you know, even on the eyelids."

"They better not," I grumbled.

She threw a smirk my way. "You really think you'll be able to run away from them? They own like all of America now. "

"They own what of the what now?"

She threw me a disbelieving look.  "Don't tell me your thought they were sitting on their ass all this time? They have a steel grip on America right now. You want to lose them? You go for a dive in the fucking Bermuda triangle. "

"Why did you not tell me? You are my mafia informant!"

She shrugged "I'm sorry. Whenever I mentioned them you lost your shit for an hour straight."

"I did n-"

"Don't even try. You just lost your shit."

I huffed but didn't say anything. Damn her for being right. "I have all of my shit with myself. Just get me ice c-"

Motorcycle shot of the two alleys on our either side. Their headlights were so bright that I could not see their faces.

Alisa stepped on the gas, trying to go faster but two of them stepped right in front of us.

Then, they had surrounded us completely. Even on the back.

"Call Alexi."

"He flew away today!"

"Call Dante."

"He's in Venice!"

"Call...someone."

She glared at me. "Call the fucking Creeds, Olivia. Th-"

One knocked on the window of my door loudly. I looked at him. He was wearing a ski mask.

And there was a gun in his hand.

"Merde."

. . .

Muhahahaha