(Defeated days & football games)

(part of the series!)

Soda's POV
Defeated. That's how I felt. I know I shouldn't be the one feeling that right now, but I feel like I'm letting my sister down every minute. Disappointing her as I can't find the person who did this to her.

"Soda" Steve snapped me outta me thoughts, waving his hand in front of my face. We both were working our shifts at the DX right now. I work the register while Pony he works in the garage for the time being.

"Ya?" I looked up at my best friend with questioning eyes.

"You've been zoning in an' out for the last hour man. You okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine" I lied through my teeth, followed by a defeated sigh. Steve plopped his ass on the counter in front of me. "Look man, we're all trying our best to find the scumbag. Just.."-Steve sighed-"give it time" he reassured me. I nodded. Just then, the DX doors were opened with the ring of the bell, and in strutted Dal and Twobit, while Johnny and my brother followed behind.

"Heya fella's" Twobit greeted with a slight wave. It's good to see Twobit hasn't lost his touch. Steve and I both nodded towards the boys as they walked up to the front.

"Sup" Dal nodded with a bob of his head to us.

"Nothing man" I replied with a slight shrug.

"God damn hot out is what" Steve stated as he used his tatted rag to wipe the sweat off his forehead. "Yea it is huh" Dal agreed. Small talk began on with the six of us. I began talking to Dal.

"Have you, uh...came across anybody lately?" I asked, trying to find the right words. Dal and the boys agreed they'd keep and eye for the guy that was described by Y/n-we all did.

"Nah man" Dal shook his head "Talked to the boys before we came here, they haven't either" he informed. All I could do was pursue my lips with a slightly defeated nod. I felt like we'd-Y/n would never get justice. Hell, I'm not even sure pummelling the guy would make anyone feel better now that I thought about it. My sister would still be hurt and it wouldn't change a single thing.
————————————————
Y/n's POV
My feet scuffed against the pavement as the boys and I walked our way to the lot. They had finally got me outta the house to play some football, with the promise from Steve that I could be team captain. It was now evening, making the sun beam brightly as we walked.

"Race ya!" Twobit suddenly shouted as he started sprinting to the lot, which was in eye-seeing distance. The boys started bolting towards the empty field, but I stayed back. I didn't feel like running. Apparently neither did Johnny because he stayed back with me. He sent me a comforting smile, which I returned.

When we were all gathered and standing in the lot, we started getting into teams. Steve and I being team captains, began picking each one of the boys.

Once the teams were picked and seemed fair, we began spreading out and into our sides of the lot. My team got first ball, since Steve got first pick of player.

(Teams)
Steve's: Soda, Johnny, Twobit,
Y/n's: Darry, Dally, Pony

Even though my body was moving as I walked to our end of the 'field', it felt like it wasn't at the same time. I couldn't explain it. Like I wasn't putting effort into my movements, my body felt light. Darry says I've been spending too much time in the house, and maybe he's right, but why doesn't he try going out in public with the fear of seeing someone he dreaded.

"Down...set...hut!" Darry ordered as Dally threw the ball back at him. Pony and I started running towards the other side, getting open and ready for Darry's pass.