(rainy days)

It's a rainy day here and I just had to do this

Y/n's POV
Looking out my window, I sighed heavily. It was nothing but pouring outside, filling the streets with slippy rain that'll make cars screech and splash through the puddles every now and then. Sure, it was calming, but also boring.

Jumping down off my window cell, in my sweats and hoodie, I headed into the living room where my brothers were.

Pony was reading on the floor, which looked like Soda was listening to from the couch, while Darry remained in his arm chair, reading his own paper. I smiled at the scene.

"Hey, look who finally woke up" Soda grinned up at me.

"I've been up for a while..just bored" I shrugged, walking over to where Darry was seated and taking a seat on the arm-rester. "Hey there, girly" my oldest brother ruffed my hair. I just sighed, resting my head against the wall.

I mean, you try being stuck in the house all day with your knuckle head brothers. Work was canceled for them today, as was school for Pony and I.

"What's with the frown?" asked Pony from his seat on the floor.

"Nothing" I lied, huffing.

"Is it..that...time?" Soda hesitated, trying to be cautious. My eyes slowly, but daring, made my eyes towards my middle brother. He then shook his head "I-never mind" he waved it off, looking back to Pony and his book.

"What I thought" I muttered, my head turning back to its normal position, my body still sitting on the arm-rester so I was close to Darry, who chuckled at Soda and I.

If I'm being honest, Darry and I are closer then I am with any one of my brothers. That's just how it is. Soda and Pony were close, and then it was Darry and I, but of course we all still loved each other just as much.

Just then, the door was flung open, the sound of rain from outside becoming louder for a moment. "Man, it's fucking pouring out there" Dal stated as he walked in, basically soaked.

"Language" Darry stood, walking into the kitchen for probably another pot of coffee.

Dal flipped him off before taking a seat on the couch a few inches away from Soda. I chuckled and slid into the seat that was once's Darry's; well, Dad's before his.

Just then, Steve, Twobit, and Johnny joined Dal's actions, coming through the door as rain soaked their clothes.

"Damn, when's this suppose to stop?" Twobit shook his head, trying to get the rain outta his hair like a dog.

"Said it should stop by the evening, or might go all night" Soda shrugged, as Dal beside him lit a cancer stick.

"You got a shirt, man?" Steve held out his soaked shirt, looking like he was freezing, which he probably was.

"Yea man" Soda went to his room to get some dry clothes for Steve, who followed. Those two were good buddies, something they've been since grade school.

"Mickey on!?" It wasn't long before Twobit's eyes were focused on the tv, as Mickey Mouse began to fill the house with sound.

Once Steve and Soda came back out, Steve wearing one of Soda's old shirts, I wasted no time as I stood. "You guys wanna play some poker?" I knew Steve would be down. Besides, we were all bored and looking for something to do.

"Count me in" Dal stood, along with Johnny who agreed as well. I smiled.

Dal, Steve, Soda, Johnny, and I sat at the table, as Steve started shuffling and handing out cards.

Steve was the master at card games, and everyone knew it. Soda, he was a cheater, and everyone knew it. I grinned at the thought. Johnny, he was more of a quiet player, and it was fine because he'd end up winning. While Dal, he could be sneaking cards one minute, bitching about Soda's cheating the next, any thing to win. However, Dal would usually be helping Johnny and telling him what to do and what not.

After a few rounds of whatever games these boys were cheating in, I got bored once again and decided to leave the table.

Walking over to the living room, I saw Pony still sitting reading his book, but this time he was seated on the couch where Soda once was. I smiled and took a seat beside him, curling my knees up, and leaning against him as my head rested on his shoulder.

"You wanna listen?" He asked, referring to the book he was reading.

Nodding, I closed my eyes, getting ready for the adventurous story he would end up pulling my mind into.

I could sense his smile. He started reading. "Down the road, the girl kept walking, miles and miles before she reached her destination..."