(grudges & fights) pt.1

Socs and greasers never mix well.
————————————————————

Y/n's POV (14 years old)
I walked home from Hannah, my friends house, as I kicked pebbles against the concrete in front of me. As I did, I thought about how Dallas could and wanted to get jailed so much?..I mean I understand that he has a reputation to keep, but why? Why does he need to be known as a bad hood.

My thoughts were interrupted by a car engine behind me. I could hear the car start to slow down at it got closer to me. I kept my eyes straight, not wanting to make eye contact incase it were socs. All of a sudden, the car swerved in front of me, cutting me off from walking any further. I mentally cursed to myself.

5 socs get out of their fancy car. I saw that look in almost all of their eyes, that look they carry that says 'I'm rich so that entitles me to do whatever I want' look. In the inside, I wanted to scream for the gang, but I was a greaser and greasers stay tuff and hold their own.

"What do you guys want?" I ask as I gulp. All of them chuckle deeply as if I were stupid. "We would appreciate it if your Winston buddy wouldn't be slashing our tires every month...but ya know, if he's not getting the message we might have to give him a more clear hint" one, the leader, says as he walks closer to me. I didn't know what to say. Why did Dallas have to be so stupid sometimes?, of course I'd never say that to his face though.

The leader in a blink, had hooked me in the face, causing me to bend over as I held my face. I felt the sting of his metal rings that hit my face. The other socs started joining in as they all got a few punches in before I crumbled to the ground. I felt a few kicks to my stomach before they eventually stopped. The one leaned down to my level "Now maybe Winston will get the message. Tell your little gang they better watch their backs" he chuckled before walking of to their car. They sped off in their fancy car.

'Fuck' I groaned as I held my stomach. After I pulled myself together, I stood up shakily as I started walking home. I winced at every step I took. Luckily, I was only about 10 minutes away from my house. Another thing, socs were on greaser territory.

I stumbled up the porch steps as I finally reached the door knob. I turned it and walked in. I saw everyone immediately turn to look at me and they all stood up. Darry basically flew out of his chair as he came over and examined me. "What the hell happened, Y/n!?" He asked loudly. He didn't mean to be harsh, I knew he was just mad at who ever did this. I couldn't find the words. Soda came over and put a hand on back with a worried expression. "What happened?" He asked softer then Darry. I opened my mouth to speak "socs" I say.

"God dammit!" Dallas hit the wall which made me flinch. Ignoring Dal, Darry led me to the table and sat me up on it so he could fix me up. "Soda first aid kit, Steve water" Darry said. Both ran of the get what he needed.

Darry started fixing me up at the boys bash talked and started to plan a rumble with the socs. "Why the hell would socs do this to a 14 year old girl?" Twobit shook his head. "They don't care, their mother fu"-"Soda!" Darry cut Soda off.

"Those socs sure do have nerve coming into our side of town, beating up teen girls" Steve spoke and shook his head in anger.

Dal suddenly rose from his seat on the couch where he was just staring at the ground. "I think I know why they did this, because of me...right Y/n?" He looked at me with almost a sorry expression. I didn't answer, just nodded. Dal shook his head down low "bastards" he stated.

"What do you mean, Dal?..what'd you do?" Soda asked. "Slashed some of their tires...guess they went after, Y/n for it" he said.

"They said that you'd get the message now..and that 'your little gang should watch their backs'" I say. Darry scrunched his eyebrows together.
Steve put his hand on Soda's shoulder and whispered something in his ear.

"You don't think they'd come here, do you?" I ask, a little worried. Darry put a hand on my head "no, they wouldn't. Trust me" he gave me a comforting smile, which I returned.

Soda's POV
I was absolutely pissed at this point. How dare some socs come here and do this to my sister. I definitely wanted revenge, so did the rest of the gang of course. Darry was fixing up Y/n, who had a black eye, some cuts from what looks to be ring marks, and bruises that were on her face and stomach. When Y/n said that the socs had told her "your little gang should watch their backs" I wasn't worried one bit, I hoped they came near us so it'd give me a chance to beat the tar outta them, all of us could.

We were all gathered around/near the table when Steve put a hand on my shoulder. "Their gonna wanna fight" he whispered. I imagined he only whispered it because he didn't wanna scare Y/n. I look to him and nodded.

"You don't think they'd come here, do you?"
Y/n asked. Darry put a hand on her head. "No, they wouldn't. Trust me" he says. I didn't know if that was something he could promise. We all kinda looked around at each other.

————————
Still Soda's POV
Darry finished fixing up, Y/n. After, she went to her room to probably read with Pony and Johnny.

We all kinda just hung around and watched tv. Then Steve suddenly spoke up, speaking for all of us "should we call, Tim?...I mean if we're gonna have a rumble" Steve says. I look over to Darry, he shakes his head. "We don't need to drag Tim or the Shepard's into this...look I didn't wanna say this in front of Y/n to scare her or something but, they might come here looking for a fight...possibly tonight " Darry said...