(Soda comfort)

Y/n's POV (14 yrs)
My 3 friends and I were hanging out at the park near the swings as we all chatted. Josh, my crush who I've liked forever, was sitting next to Madison, who is another one of my friends.

"You guys going to the carnival this weekend?" I ask as I swing a little, swaying my feet back and forth. They both shrug.

"Umm I was actually wondering" Josh turned to Madison. "Would you uh.." oh no, I could already feel my heart starting to break into pieces "would you like to go with me?" I broke. I was hoping Josh would ask me. I've been in love with him forever. Hell, I even walked with him after school everyday...for a whole year!

Madison smiled brightly "I'd love to!" She said. Before I could blink, their lips were together as Josh cupped her face. I felt this big lump in my throat as I held back my tears with all my strength. It felt like I just dry swallowed 5 pills.
It just about killed me to force a smiled once they pulled apart.

"I love you, Madison" he whispered. I felt like I could die. "I love you to" she whispered. They both then realized was there.

"Oh uh..sorry" Madison laughed a little embarrassed. I waved it off "it's cool" I laughed it off. "Uh..but I better get home, Darry will skin me if I'm late" I lied. They both nodded as I got up and started walking home. My smile instantly turned to a frown as tears slipped down my cheeks.

I made it home and walked inside, not even bothering to look and see who was all here. "Hey sis" Soda greets form the couch. I ignored him and went into my room. As soon as I shut my door, I started crying as I cupped my hand over my mouth to silent my cries. My heart was absolutely shattered. I sat on my bed as I cried.
I then heard a slight knock at my door. I didn't answer, not wanting anybody to know I was crying.

"Y/n?..Can I come in?" Soda asked softly. I didn't respond. I didn't really care at this point if Soda saw me crying. He's my older brother after all. When I didn't respond, he slowly opened the door.

"Awww sweetie..what's wrong?" He asked softly as he came and sat beside me, wrapping an arm around me as I continued to cry.

"Josh...he told Madison he loved her...right in front of me" I sniffled. Soda pulled me into his chest as he rocked me back and forth.

"Listen...boys are stupid, their stupid Y/n. You don't need him sis, I promise you. You have the gang and me, and that's all the boys you need in your life" he chuckled a little bit at the last part. I smiled and wiped my tears.

"I know...it just...it sucks, ya know. What a jerk" I shake my head. "I know...we could beat him up if ya want?" He questions.

"It's okay, Soda" I laugh. "Beating him up wouldn't do any good" I wipe my nose.

"I guess your right....hey, the gang and I were gonna play football later, ya wanna come?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood. I nod and smile.

"Only if I'm on your team" I raise an eyebrow. He laughed "of course you can be on my team" he said as he pulled me in for one last hug.