(Recklessness)

(Half of this was inspired by 'the fosters' enjoy!)

Y/n's POV
"You ready to leave yet, buddy!?" Soda called to Steve from the counter of the DX. Steve and Soda were working more late tonight. It was about 8pm already. I had walked here about half an hour ago, waiting to drive home with them for some company. Soda and Steve always liked me hanging around, for company I guess.

"Ya, almost! Just let me put the oil away first" Steve called back.

I hoped off the counter, going over to Soda and grabbing the coke outta his hands as I took a sip. "Hey!" He protests. I just smiled before handing it back to him. He ruffed my hair with a playful smile.

"Ready? Boss said we're good to go" Steve said, coming out from the garage. We all nodded and agreed we were ready to hit the road.

We got into Steve's car. Soda got to drive, since Steve didn't mind his best buddy learning how to drive in his car. I sat in the passenger seat. While Steve, as much as he didn't like the idea of sitting in the back, did anyways. He knew there was no arguing about the front seat when it came to me. I always won.

Soda started diving us home. He was a pretty good driver. Dad had taught him lots before he passed, also a mechanic as his best friend really helped.

We came to a stop sign as he stoped. It was a four corner stop, so you could go straight, left, or right. We were to go straight. Suddenly, a car pulled up beside us. Steve was the first to notice, nudging Soda to look over. I did as well.

The two guys, socs, in the other car were looking at me. They both smirked at me. "Idiots" I muttered.

Steve leaned up to Soda "your not gonna let em get away with that, are you?" He asked. Soda kept a straight face, looking to the other guys.

The other guy started pressing the gas up and down, wanting to race. A smug smirk was planted on him and his friends face.

"Come on, man. Don't let em push ya around" Steve encouraged Soda to race. I glared at him, I wanted to punch him.

"Come on, man" Steve whispered. Soda clenched his jaw, looking straight ahead. He started pressing down the gas, making the car grumble.

"Just forget it, Soda" I said.

Suddenly, the car was jerked forward as we went flying. My hands tighten onto the seat, scared.

"Woah, Soda!" I yelled, looking to him. He had his eyes forward, focused. Steve was having a blast, cheering from the back. We kept going faster.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Stop the car!" I protested. Our car and the soc car we're neck on neck, both speeding down the road.

"Slow down! You're gonna get us killed!" I yelled. It was like I wasn't even there as they both continued to race.

"Come on, baby!" Steve hollered and cheered.

"Pull the car over right now!" I tired to yell over the loud car screeches. We started speeding ahead of the soc car, winning. There were other car horns going off around us. I saw us coming up to a stop sign!

"Stop! You're gonna run a stop sign!" I warned.
He ignored me as he speed right through the stop sign, making the other car stop and lose.

"Nice!" Steve laughed and cheered.

"Stop the car or I swear to god I will never talk to you again!" I yelled. Soda immediately pulled the car over, tires screeching.

"Whoo!" Steve still laughed.

I ignored him as I turned to Soda. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"Come on, we're just having a little bit of fun" Soda said, laughing a little.

"No, we could've been in an accident" I said, looking directly at Soda. Everyone knew that's how our parents died. And Soda had the audacity to do this.

"And after everything that happened to our parents? You're an ass"-I looked to Steve-"both of you" I stated, starting to step out of the car.

"Hey, wait, come on, Y/n" Soda sighed as I got out.

"And for the record, not fun" I said before slamming the door, starting to walk off to god knows where.

Steve got out of the car. "Hey, come on, nobody got hurt" he tried to reason.

"Alright, Look, Y/n-I'm really sorry, okay?" Soda said.

"Screw you. You guys wanna kill somebody, it ain't gonna be me" I wave my hands back above my head, walking off.