(road trip)

(Requested) enjoy!

Y/n's POV
"Okay, you guys ready!?" Darry yelled from the living room. Today was the day the gang and I were going on a road trip, even Dallas. We were going to drive all the way to (Y/n*town* wasn't sure what to put) to a hotel for the weekend.

"Almost!" I yelled as I looked around my room. We each agreed to bring one bag only for space reasons.

"Come on, Y/n!" Pony yelled. I groaned "fine!" I yelled back as I walked out into the living room. The gang and my brothers were there, all packed and ready to go. I looked to Steve and realized he had his bag almost busted open from how much stuff he packed.

"Jeez Steve, what you got in there?..a bag of concrete?" I half joked. Everyone laughed except Steve, who just rolled his eyes.

"Alright, let's get a move on" Darry said. We all started walking outside to the vehicles. We planned that we'd take Darry and Dal's car and had already sorted out who rides with who.

Darry, Pony, and Johnny started walking off to Darry's truck as we walked over to Dal's (probably Bucks T-bird).

"Shotgun!" Soda and I yelled at the same time as we raced to Dal's passenger door. We pushed our hands on the door handle at the same time, before I shoved Soda outta the way and sat in the passenger seat.

"You suck" I heard Soda say as him, Steve, and Two-bit sat in the back. I just chuckled as I buckled my seatbelt. Jamm! My seatbelt was choked.

"Dal, your seatbelt don't work" I point out. He shrugs "not my car" he says as he starts the engine up. I shake my head as I let go of the belt. I swear this boy is gonna be the death of me.

————————
We've been driving for about an hour now.
"Burning down the house!.." Soda, Steve, Two-bit and I sung in sync to the radio. Dal was not enjoying it.

"Hold tight!...wait til the parties over!"
We all continued to sing. Dal slammed on the brakes, luckily we were behind Darry's truck. "Woah man, you tryna kill us?" Steve laughed it off. Dal turned around to face all of us.

"You all need to shut your mouths before I shut em for ya" he said. We all just smirked and looked around at each other, trying not to laugh. Dal started the car back up and continued to catch up to Darry.

"Burning down the house!" we all blurted out. Dal just rolled his eyes but continued driving.

We eventually had to stop and get gas. "Hey man, there's a gas station there!" Soda pointed out. Dal nodded as he drove into the gas station, right behind Darry. Looks like Darry had the same idea.

We all got out and stretched. Dal leaned against the car and lit a cancer stick. "Alright, I'm getting snacks for the road" I say as I walk into the gas station. I didn't realize Johnny was behind me and almost hit him with the door. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I apologized. He waved it off "it's alright" he said.

"So what should we get?" I ask, looking over the candy selection. He shrugs "Fizzes since only you and I like them...and a big bag of Doritos for the boys" he suggests. I nod and smile "good idea Johnny cakes" I say as I grab them. We payed for them and walked back outside and into the car again as Darry and Dal finished paying for gas. They came back out and we started driving again.

——————————
We finally stoped and made it to the hotel. It was around the evening when we got there. This is where we were staying for the weekend. It's got a pool, a casino, a work out room. It's gonna be fun. We all slowly got out of the car.

"My ass is numb from this car" Steve groaned as he stretched.

"Alright, everyone get your bags" Darry said as he opened the truck tail gate. We all got our bags out, Steve's being the absolute heaviest.